Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Allen Iverson ..... All-Star?

In further proof that the world has gone mad and Allen Iverson's mum is incredibly quick with a keyboard and mouse, Iverson is set to gain a starter's gig in the All-Star game. If the votes were counted today, the lineups would be:

EAST
Iverson
Wade
James
Garnett
Howard

WEST
Nash
Bryant
Anthony
Nowitzki
Stoudemire

The other interesting angle - discounting Iverson's meteoric rise (someone needs to ban his Mum's IP address) and the fact both starting small forwards have first names as surnames, is the votes for Tracy McGrady. Chinese fans, apparently fed up with Yao's non-appearance on the ballot, are stacking McGrady's numbers and he trails Nash by less than 5000 votes. McGrady though, has said he won't play if selected.

"No, I don't think I'd play," McGrady said. "I would attend, just to show my appreciation and my thanks to my fans. But you have guys like Steve Nash, Chris Paul and Deron Williams, guys who have been playing since Day 1 and are very deserving of being out there. I don't know which ones will start, but all three of them can. I think they're very deserving.

Wonder if Iverson will show the same degree of sportsmanship if selected. Nah, I don't think so either. Makes for an interesting month leading up to the game. For the record, another classy citizen and all-round nice guy, Vince Carter, is third behind Iverson for an East guard role. Votes close 21 January.

Topic #21934 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Thats great of T-mac and no iverson would not do the same, infact he probably feels he deserves to start in the allstar game.

Not just both small forwards but 3 of the East starters have first names as surnames (Wade, Howard and James). Dennis Committi would have a field day.

Reply #262589 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754