steve
Years ago

Talking Hoops, March 8th

Congrats to Brett, Paul Bell and Scott on Talking Hoops (Coast-FM 88.7) last night.
Great interviews with Goorjian, Cat, Frank Arsego, Darnell and Vlahov .
Very enjoyable listening if you're a Hoops fan.
Keep up the good work.
Best of luck to Brett as he leaves for Turkey today.

Topic #2195 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

We came out of the pub in time to catch them finishing up the show, unfortunately. Do you have a general summary of what each interviewee said? Looks like five very topical guests -- Goorjian heading into a GF series, Cat signing with Cairns, Mee may have given away his future playing plans, Arsego lost his coaching job, and Vlahov has overseen the Wildcats making a profit in 2004/05 AFAIK.

Did Scott get stuck into Paul about that game on Sunday night?

Reply #24770 | Report this post

Bennaud  
Years ago

Bell copped somke stick like he does every week well deserved. Goorjaan said the Kings are taking boxing lessons Vlahov detailed what pinching Steffi Graf's arse was like all in all an excellent show.

Reply #24772 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I heard Mee may be going to Cairns to play...Why is he giving it away???

Reply #24796 | Report this post

confused  
Years ago

How is it that these 3 guys can get a entertaining basketball show off the ground interviewing the best of the best this country has to offer while the vastly overpaid marketing arm of the 36ers sit around with their thumbs up their collective arses and send the club further into the toilet?

Reply #24831 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

here here !! (clap..clap)
Marketing dept. of the 6er's should look at that seriously !! "product placement "

Reply #24832 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

confused: passion. It makes budgets irrelevant.

Reply #24839 | Report this post

notch  
Years ago

Caught most the show except the end of Vlahovs interview.

Unfortunately the boys once again had trouble with the phones. I think at one stage they couldnt hear Goorjian but he could hear them. Meanwhile the boys were talking about him, kind of having a shot at his style, but still in a respectful sort of a way. Goorjian talked a bit about the forthcoming grand final, and also talked to Brett a bit about going to Turkey. The boys said they didnt like Sydney, but liked Wollongong less. Goorjian said he had heard this quite often.

Bell did cop quite the bagging, especially from one caller who by the sounds of it was known to the guys. The caller also mentioned Scotty tieing for a Woolacott medal, there was a bit of a laugh about that.

Cat talked about going to Cairns, how he gets on well with Alan Black. Didnt talk much about why he didnt go back to the sixers, he said however that he wasnt ready to return to Perth just yet (not sure what that means). He talked about his time in Barcelona. Things were going well, he was in the starting 5, but then his knee gave way. He also talked briefly about Paull Rogers.

Darnell talked about the huge difference in styles betwen Joyce and Smyth. I think he said at one stage that before he went to Woolongong he didnt think much of Joyce at all until he met him, and said he was an OK guy. I got the feeling that he prefers Phil's game style, and mentioned how structured Joyce was. This was also the reason he gave why he might be looked for MVP this year, because the ball is in his hands more and he has to do more to make the offence run. Wheras with Adelaide there was alot of talent and he would just let the guys do their thing. He said there was a chance he could still be back in Adelaid enext year. He seemed unsure of what the rules are with regards to playing as an Australian or an import. He is a permanent resident of Aust, but isnt naturalised. He said he was going to have to clarify the situation, and that could have a bearing on where he is next year.

(Thanks notch!)

Reply #24853 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'm at a function with A.Downer on Friday. I'll have a word about speeding Darnell's eligiblity up. Surely we can backdate his citizenship. Can't be that hard - just a slip of a finger on the keyboard. ;-)

Reply #24875 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754