LC
Years ago

Houston Rockets: T-Mac gone!

Houston have today announced that they are seeking a trade for T-Mac and have granted him indefinite leave whilst doing so...

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/fzbn4

"Tracy McGrady has been cleared to take an indefinite leave from the Houston Rockets after the former All-Star's representatives and Rockets management agreed to work together in search of a trade for the disgruntled guard.
Sources close to the process told ESPN.com that multiple phone discussions Monday between Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman, in conjunction with McGrady's lead agent, Arn Tellem, led to a mutual agreement that both sides would try to hatch a workable trade before the league's annual trading deadline on Feb. 18.
"After multiple conversations with Tracy and his representatives, we have agreed to look into trade opportunities and have granted him an indefinite leave from team activities," Morey said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon. "

Topic #21953 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

He's more than welcome to join the Knicks. We'll get rid of Curry and Jefferies if possible, although most teams would rather Curry only.

Either way please send him to New York.

Reply #262746 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And this from nba.com: http://linky.com.au/zaj28

Quote:

Houston coach Rick Adelman said on Tuesdays that McGrady never progressed to the point where he was ready to increase his minutes.

"He's been hurt for over a year," Adelman said. "The thing that people want to write about is who he was two years ago, and he isn't that right now. We have a whole team here and it's not just about what he wants or what he was going to want, or what was going to happen. It was about what can he do to help us win, and that was the bottom line to me."

In February, doctors said McGrady would need up to 12 months to fully heal. Adelman said he stuck to that timeline all along, believing McGrady still needed a month or more. He said McGrady wanted to accelerate that timeline, and that led to the impasse over playing time.

Reply #262752 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

On the New York situation:

Surely Houston wont take Curry's contract but New York will insist they at least take Jeffries. Houston will also want Mobley in the deal because his contract is covered by insurance. So who else do the Knicks need to throw in to get Houston to bite and take on the Jeffries contract?

Lee? This is the most likely scenario I think as Lee can help out the Rockets immediately and New York will probably rather him go than Gallinari. But Houston would be worried that he could bolt at the end of the year.

Gallinari? Probably Houston's preferred option but I can't see the Knicks letting him go just to clear cap space.

Robinson? Robinson wants out but who wants him? Not Houston as they already have Lowry and Brooks playing well.

I'd say NY will have to part with Lee and/or Gallinari if they want to offload Jeffrees or Curry. I think that the Knicks and Houston will work something out (and maybe involve a third team with cap space)

Reply #262771 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I haven't done any investigations whatsoever on my following suggestion but is a trade with Milwaukee possible. Redd for McGrady.

The upside for the Bucks is that they get an experienced star to help guide Jennings and Ridnour. The Rockets get a shooter who might open up the keyway for Brooks and Lowry.

It was a random thought that I'm sure somebody who has a bit of time on their hands could investigate and put me straight if not possible.

Reply #262809 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754