donkeykong
Years ago

Breakers @ Blaze NYE

Predictions?

what are the odds/line on the game?

im thinking a very tight high scoring game with a blowout at the end and blaze win by 9. 94-85.

key matchups:

gibson gets the job on penney due to his world class defence.

which breaker takes ubaka/harvey?

maxey on abercrombie?

rickert on petrie/bradshaw will be great also.

Discuss?

Topic #21957 | Report this topic

donkeykong  
Years ago

interesting to not the breakers have never lost at the furnace in history (gc convention centre).

obviously that was under joyce and co. new era now.

speaking of which, anyone know what brendan joyce is up to these days work wise?

Reply #262763 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Breakers have 6 of 10 games on road and we need to win 6 games to make playoffs.
We have Blaze,Hawks and Wildcats all on road over next 2 weeks. Any road win is doubly vital now in playoff scramble.
Blaze defence vs Breakers perimeter game? Intriguing.
Battle of boards, Maxey, Vukona, Bradshaw and Petrie against Rickert, Boucher, Ronaldson and Abercrombie could decide game if shooting stats are similar. Blaze have a big edge here and recent scrimmage game probably leaves them better prepared going into this one. To have any chance we have to at least get parity on boards.

Reply #262768 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

All I can think about so far is how darn tough it is to get 2 frigging tickets to this game!
I didn't expect a lot of people to be going to a game on NYE especially in party town but geez, getting 2 seats together that aren't nosebleeds will be interesting.

Reply #262774 | Report this post

dwaynewade  
Years ago

we are expecting the biggest crowd of the year and close to the 5270 capacity. am pumped.

Reply #262775 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing how well Bradshaw plays after getting wrecked with the coast's finest basketball groupies pretty much every day since getting here... will have to learn to balance the job and partying a little better I'd say.

Reply #262776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHA, Love your regular inside info on Bradshaw!

Reply #262778 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like the very big crowds at all the games.

Reply #262850 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Close and exciting. Both teams had their chances. Neither played or shot well.
Balze pinched break at right time and came home on FT's.
Vital TO's cost Breakers and Rickert missed more shots in this game than he normally does in two games.
Given that we have to play Blaze (Home and Away) again it is a huge psychological boost for Blaze now 2-0 against us. Equation gets tougher. Now have to win 6 of 9 from here.

Reply #262856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bradshaw is a tool heard some stories about him too.

Reply #262878 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

The stat that jumps out at me from the game is that Penney and CJ did not have one assist between them (and as a team we only managed 8 in total). Could be that others couldn't hit the side of a barn or our two superstars weren't looking at creating for others.
Probably a bit of both.
Credit Gibson and the defensive effort of the Blaze.

Recurring theme though, game gets tight and we don't seem to have the personnel to get over the line.

Reply #262893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:31 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754