LC
Years ago

Julius Hodge has a broken left wrist

The Tiger's injury woes have only just gotten worse, with much maligned import Julius Hodge reportedly playing hurt with a fractured left wrist.

As reported in Melbourne's Herald-Sun today, Hodge sustained the injury in the controversial 'stomping' win over Adelaide. Hodge has apparently been defying doctor's orders and has continued to play with an injury that normally takes up to 8 weeks to heal.

Westover is cited as saying that Hodge has been wearing a cast in between games and has had it removed so he can play.

There is no link to the story online yet...

Stupid or brave move by Hodge?

Topic #21958 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

sounds like BS to me... the dude is a compulsive liar

Reply #262783 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Don't think so...article in paper by Grantley Bernard and seems straightforward.

Reply #262784 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

There is no way he has a broken wrist.
With a fractured wrist, no matter how much pain you can cope with, its impossible to pass properly, catch properly and handle the ball.
Watching the game against Wollongong the other night, he seemed to perform all those tasks naturally.

He would be saying that its broken to find an excuse for his form slump. Or unless he has had to much fun in his special time..Whilst thinking of Kiki Vandeweghe.

Reply #262785 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Don't think so...article in paper by Grantley Bernard and seems straightforward.

Reply #262787 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

LC, you might want to change the title of this post, there is a big difference between a broken wrist and a fractured bone in your wrist. If his wrist was broken there is no way he could play

Reply #262789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we all know why he has a broken wrist.... The guy is a wanker.

Reply #262791 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

His hand slipped off and hit the wall.

Reply #262795 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

There is no way he can play with a broken wrist. A fracture maybe.

I watched him play against the Gong last week. He did everything fine with the basketball. Pass, shoot, dribble etc.

It's a lie. Kick the man out of Australia

Reply #262799 | Report this post

Unclerico  
Years ago

The Champ are you taking the piss?

broken=fracture

Reply #262800 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

In the medical profession, a broken bone = a fracture.

Reply #262802 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The fracture has different levels.

Eg hairline fracture is minor.

If he can handle the ball, shoot, dribble normal, the fracture must be very minor.

Reply #262805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's his excuse for continuing to have a crap jumpshot

Reply #262806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no way he can play with a broken wrist. A fracture maybe.

I watched him play against the Gong last week. He did everything fine with the basketball. Pass, shoot, dribble etc.

I take offense that he did everything fine....that sir is a lie!!! :)

fracture and break....same thing in medicince....

roken wrist, fractured wrist...same...it may be a hairline fracture so not quite as bad, but medicaly the same...

knowing julius he will be playing it for all it's worth...now i know why his blog hasn't been updated!!!

Reply #262813 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

Why doesn't everyone get a life and give Hodge a break. He has bought the only bit of excitment to any sixers home game this year and without him the season would be very boring. I will say it again if he was playinng for the sixers this year and his pay dispute happened with another team we would be welcoming him with open arms and wouldn't care.

Reply #262815 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

"give him a break" "open arms"....are you taking the piss???

Reply #262819 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Funny, funny thread!

Let the record show that I was the first to come up with the 'wanking injury' joke :P

Agree that it can't be a break. Judas is milking it. You could see him do that little 'Ouch my wrist hurts and that's why I have 5 turnovers' move everytime he stuffed up against the Gong. Just letting us know.

Reply #262821 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I actually mentioned this some time ago, he said on his twitter the next day i think it was that he though he broke it and got an x-ray, nothing was said since. I could see him playing with a fracture, you don't how bad it is it may just be minor.

Reply #262832 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like he topped scored in a narrow team loss again.

Reply #262848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have fractured my wrist couldn't do anything took three weeks before I could shoot after the cast came off, just Victorian media making excuses for having the worst team in the NBL

Reply #262849 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

15pts, 2rebs, 2ast, 5 TURNOVERS!... and a loss. He's consistent at least.

Reply #262858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pity it wasn't his neck

Reply #262889 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Reply #262892 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Broken bones Broken parts Broken threads Broken hearts
Broken words never meant to be spoken.
Everything is broken.

Reply #262894 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Maybe he had a psych moment and had his wife or kid stomp on his wrist. Loser, and always will be

Reply #262901 | Report this post

Tom-slamball  
Years ago

hey dave, im wondering about a blog you posted last year about possibly building half a slamball court in perth? is it still a go-er? [email protected]

Reply #262905 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

Just to clarify -

"Broken" is the same as fracture - but fracture is a diagnosis with a spectrum from a "bone bruise" - like when the knee has a direct impact vs a hard object and microscopic fractures occur to, at the other extreme, a displaced or "off-ended" fracture where the two bone ends don't touch. An example of this was Brad Hill's arm after the Abney incident.

Often "bone bruising" or a microtrabecular fracture can be managed with activity modification and rest, or a removable splint.

An undisplaced wrist fracture - the next "step up" usually needs a splint or a cast between 3-6 weeks.

Hodge could certainly play with a "microtrabecular" fracture, but this would need an MRI to diagnose - not an X/R.

Most likely he has an undisplaced fracture- and is taking a chance that it may displace or be slower to heal by playing - however, this is only a small chance. The pain will be manageable with pain killers. If he is healing well at 2 weeks post injury then it should be fine for a further 2-3 weeks splinting (removable cast) only.

I played for 2 weeks with an undiagnosed wrist fracture - and all was ok although I wore a splint when I played for 2-3 weeks after. That said my FT % went from 50 to 25 and I've never really recovered :)

Reply #262925 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

Just read the link above - should have before -I was thinking he had a distal radius fracture, not a scaphoid #.

Scaphoid #s can take a while to heal and even if undisplaced he really shouldn't be playing for 6 weeks. Not so much due to pain, but because of the risk of fracture displacement, non-healing and future complications. Hmmm..... Hodge must be really desperate to play probably against doctors advice! Is he covered by workcover for this injury?

Reply #262926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754