MELHOOPS
Years ago

U/16 Nationals

Who wins Under 16 Nationals 2005? And don't be biased.

Smart money says Vic Country has a two gun gaurds, a 6'8 Freak, a 6'5 Post with shooting touch and an animal inside/out player who can do it all.

Before you ask I'm not from Vic Country

Topic #2197 | Report this topic

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Sorry MELHOOPS, this forum forbids talk of individual junior players.

Reply #24773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think they were asking which team. That said, I'm not sure how much you can discuss that without mentioning specific players. Perhaps the strengths and weaknesses from a general perspective could be discussed?

Reply #24774 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Melhoops.... they recruiting from a Zoo or just putting the kids in buckets of cow & chicken manure daily?? Sounds like a plan Paul!!

Reply #24781 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Normally the Aust. Junior Country Championships are a fair indication of how the country teams will perform. You would always expect Vic and NSW Metro teams to perform, however in the courtry teams, NSW were strong performers in Albury, with the Kookaburras losing the final to a NZ outfit. Placings for the 16-boys were

1. NZ Korus
2. NSW Kookaburras
3. Vic Bushrangers
4. Vic Goldminers
5. NZ Kea
6. NSW Waratahs
7. SA Magpies
8. SA Sharks
9. WA Wombats
10. Albury Wodonga

Kepping in mind these are only country teams, NSW country looks to be the country team to watch.

MELHOOPS; unless they uncovered some players since Janurary it would be a fair bet to say Vic aren't all you've cracked them up to be.

Reply #24809 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Yes, I totally agree with you on the point of NSW Country being worth a good look, there's a couple of Illawarra boys to have a look at.

But I think you did my point some justice by showing the placings, you see two good country teams can make one very good one. ie VIC Country 3rd and 4th. The two gun gaurds i mentioned were split and I'd assume the bigs were the same after seeing the results at the Country champs.

Having said this I believe I hope your right, I'm involved with VIC Metro and I'm seeing alot of these VIC Country kids on a regular basis and I can only compare them with the VIC Metro kids. I can honestly say VIC Country look slightly better at this stage.

Reply #24830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do the SA, Vic & NSW teams look now it's only a few weeks til the nationals?? Has anyone heard how the Qld & WA teams are looking??

NSW Metro beat NSW Country last week by 16, so if Country look good then Metro but be a real chance.

Reply #38936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754