paul roberts
Years ago

top 4 predictions and Finals formula

With only just over a quarter of the season left is the top 4 set?

At this stage the only possiable change i can see is that maybe Hawks out Breakers in for fouth.

Perth will probley win 7 out of there last 9 with 2 away and 1 home game against bottom placed Melbourne 1 each away and at home to 2nd bottom Cairns and Adelaide away with them just winnng there by twenty.The two out of there three hardest games left against Townsville and NZ both at home there biggest challange will be the top of the table clash against Goldcoast away.

so its hard to see perth finishing outside the top 4 and i think both Gold coast and Townsville have pretty good draws comming up it looks pretty settled at the moment.

Can anyone else see any other posibale outcome?

Any one know how the finals will work this season will it be 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd and will it be best of 3 or 5 and dose anyone know the dates?

Topic #21990 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

I haven't looked too closely at the draws TBH but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Townsville dropping out or Adelaide moving in. Obviously we can forget Cairns and Melbourne and I think lock in Perth and GC. So IMO it's a fight between 4 teams for 2 spots.

Reply #263158 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

why dont we ever get respect?

One of the MVP favourites, the best road team in the league and a great home court...

Reply #263160 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrebet's current odds are:

GOLD COAST BLAZE 4.50
PERTH WILDCATS 4.50
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 4.75
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 6.00
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 9.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 12.00
MELBOURNE TIGERS 15.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 17.00

I think they're still nervous that the Breakers could bring in an import because they've been as up and down as every other team.

Reply #263161 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

they'll have to do it soon, imports have to play at lease 7 gms

i think they're going with what they got, but i could be wrong

Reply #263163 | Report this post

G  
Years ago

I agree with you DJRod. Crocs never get the respect our team deserves. That's okay, we just go along with our business and slip right in under the radar.

Reply #263172 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sorry Rod, I'm trying to be a bit more kind after you guys gave it to Judas Hodge but I really don't think you can lock them in at this point. I honestly think Adelaide, NZ and Wollongong are better teams (on paper at least) and there will be an interesting race for those 2 spots.

Reply #263176 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

I think you are pretty well on the mark Paul. Hawks play Breakers tommorrow. The loser is going to need some luck to qualify.
Hawks are the only one of the present top 4 that looks vulnerable.
Sixers may have chance if Breakers win. Those 3 would scrap it out for 4th place.
Breakers are rolling the dice with no import. This trip, Hawks,Perth is last chance saloon, because 0-2 would just about extinguish all hope. Isn't there a deadline Jan 8th for final roster changes,so import would probably be too late?

Reply #263181 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Wollongong have a better team on paper than us? Adelaide? Come on.

name another team that has a U23 player with 100 games?

With Robertson we consistently played 10 players - 7 players average 8 or more... we've got a favourite for defensive player of the yr in Roberts and 6th man of the year in Hoare.

Reply #263186 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Think most people know how much of a fan of Rolan Roberts I am, but yeah I honsetly do think both Adelaide and the Gong are more talented, but I rate the Hawks' talent a bit higher than most I suppose. Not going to go through the whole teams.

BTW, who's the u23er? Tovey?

Reply #263241 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

Dowdell

Reply #263255 | Report this post

Robby D  
Years ago

Keeping in mind it's been such a difficult season to tip and predict, I went through the fixture for the next 4 rounds and did some calculations as to what I think the ladder will look like with 2 rounds to go (6ers have a bye in the second to last round of the season)....

it ended up looking like this:

Gold Coast 15 9
Perth 14 10
Townsville 14 11
New Zealand 13 12

Adelaide 13 13
Wollongong 12 12
Tigers 9 16
Cairns 9 16

In the last 2 rounds:

Townsville play Cairns (H), Adelaide (H), Perth (A).
New Zealand play Hakws (H), Gold Coast(H), Cairns (A).
Adelaide play Townsville (A), Wollongong (H).

I guess for us to make the 4, we really need to grab the season series against Townsville and New Zealand! Could be very crutial at the end of the day.

Reply #263274 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

growing rumours about mckee being out for season. that'd throw centrebet out

Reply #263289 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Get your money on Tigers.
Looking at the run in and given the strength of their team, they have to play GC, Breakers and Perth away. If they win 2 of those 3 (probably have to beat Breakers this Thursday) and take out the remainder they could get to 15 wins which would be enough.
Top 4 could read GC,Perth,Crocs and Melbourne.

Reply #263714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754