2010 fruit gum
Years ago

List of 2010 CABL coaches?

Can we get complete listing of aba coaches going for 2010 and the in and outs
no slagging of clubs please lets just keep to the thread

Topic #22026 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I'm guessing you are only after the CABL stuff not for the whole association?

Reply #263639 | Report this post

2010 fruit gum  
Years ago

yeah sorry sturty6ers CABL - please
not lot interest at this point but i believe clubs are under way preseason wise - snakepit getting a work out by at least one club

Reply #263660 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Forestville- Andy Simmons
Sturt- Scott Butler
Norwood- Rupert Sapwell
Eastern- Steve Breheny
Southern- Heath Jury
South- Jason Baylis
North- Tracey York
Centrals- Scott Whitmore
West- Paul Bell
Woodville-??? Cameron Wilson!

Reply #264082 | Report this post

um  
Years ago

And a list on the girls side??? Do we know who is coaching Sturt??

Reply #264085 | Report this post

Jimmy Recard  
Years ago

Paul M is the sturt coach, he was doing the team prior to xmas.

Reply #264087 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Whatever happened to Davidson?

Was it a one year deal, or did he just jump, or was he pushed??

I know he is about to become a dad again, is he just taking a year off?

Would be good to see him in the coach's seat

Reply #264102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cancer wilson isn't coaching - mark molitor is

Reply #264103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Princeton Mesecke isn't coaching the women at Sturt either.

I don't believe they have a head coach confirmed yet. Just as they didn't until the last minute last year.

Davidson is playing this year rather than coaching.

Reply #264109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville men missed out on their first 2 choices for head coach this year!!

Reply #264128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep but if the players don't like the coach at Woodville the coach is sacked

Reply #264171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to reasonable young coaches were offered the job but neither accepted for personal reasons!

Reply #264173 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

In the women

Centrals - Folland (3rd Year)
Eastern - Johnson (3rd Year)
Forestville - Symonds (5th Year)
North - Mackay (3rd Year)
Norwood - Prichard (2nd Year)
South - Shaw (6th Year)
Southern - Janette (1st Year)
Sturt - ? (1st Year)
West - Woosnam (3rd Year)
Woodville - Holland (11th Year?)

Reply #264304 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I have to ask the question and excuse my naivety but when was the last time Woodville women had some sort of success? I can't simply remember how long ago it was and for the Head Coach to hold her spot for 11 years is remarkable! Can they simply not find anyone else???

Reply #264305 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

Woodville women have been around the mark...the junior development by lynne has been outstanding but players havent been willing to tough it out to raise the standard, unfortunately woodville players dont get recruited they put it out there that they are looking elsewhere and clubs would rather have them then see them go elsewhere. Look at Sidebottom for Sturt, had a quality season, not recruited to leave woodville but left and got snatched up.
Centrals are a similar situation unfortunately.

Reply #264306 | Report this post

Wam Soosnam  
Years ago

The coaching of ABL women is not very high on most Coaches To do list.

The current crop of juniors coming through the warriors are much better than any other time in the clubs history. Once they have the talent you might then find someone willing to put their hand up.

They are around 5 years away from being competitive imo, then they will need some coaching expertise with it.

Reply #264307 | Report this post

Gen X Chromosome  
Years ago

Woodville have a fair amount of talent, but without one or two more senior players to show real leadership and help the players mature mentally, they will face the same problems, as decribed above.

Reply #264322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rid of Holland and the present committee and success would follow. The men sacked their coach after crying to the president they'd all leave if he wasn't. What sort of club lets the players blackmail them.

Reply #264328 | Report this post

Gen X Chromosome  
Years ago

Get rid of Holland and the present committee and success would follow. The men sacked their coach after crying to the president they'd all leave if he wasn't. What sort of club lets the players blackmail them.

So what you're saying is the current committee is pissweak for sacking the men's coach, but you want to sack the women's coach?

Reply #264363 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

what sort of club sacks a coach - well you tell me one club that hasnt ?
all clubs football / soccer / netball - the list is endless
shit i end think political parties might have done so at some point in history
he who is blameless or has no idea shouldnt comment. sad but true - coaches get sack - shit even players get sacked and i even got sacked once from MACCA'S - Such harsh treatment but maybe if i been more punctual i still be making burgers - maybe clubs should just toughen up and have no sack policy
at least woodville are open to no sack and sack policy - lets see which works best.
Maybe the blues shouldnt sack Fev and ?? Adelaide united shouldnt sacked Players / coaches and lets hope no NBL coaches or players get sacked unheard of #171 you are total boofhead and you are just stirring the pot loser - make decision idiot

Reply #265610 | Report this post

Woody Fan  
Years ago

I saw almost every game that Woodville men played last year. Maybe the Woodville players needed the coach to be the scape goat.It will be interesting what happens this year. The pressure is on the players and committee cause from where I sat the coach did not do to much wrong last year.

Reply #267307 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

woody fan i think you must have been watching another team - coach did best he could but was struggling to fully commit and that due to injuries / work and form = a change was needed for all
maybe look at lack of leadership from higher up as real problem - warriors crying out for new direction from admin and forward planning to support fantastic girls program that on the verge - hard yards are beginning to reap rewards dont be surprised as new leadership base is in place

Reply #268099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon, a fantastic girl's program on the verge.... of derailment if you look at the ladders across the girl's teams. Not one junior group in the four for finals.
You are right on changes in leadership at the committee and senior coach level because any advances made over the past couple of years has been lost with poor decisions made by the committee.
Vested interests run their own agenda at Woodville and the girls slide is further evidence of that.

Reply #268119 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

woody do need to restructure and fast - told last year of womens coach by top level source and can only hope succees comes to true hard worker who will walk away end of this season with knowlegde given her all against the odds and with countless juniors on the crusp of success - many knockers but who else has stood up and with nil support from higher level - what attempts been made to secure retain shortfall in talent -

Reply #269494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

494: is that code?????????????

Reply #269504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754