DJ Rod
Years ago

Closest NBL finish since 2000?

With a third of the seaosn still to go, currently we have 3 teams tied at the top... Perth, GC & Townsville on 12 & 8.

There is a fair chance the top 3 will stay pretty much as it is now, just like the 2000 season where Adelaide, Townsville & Perth all finished on 22 & 6.

* The Crocs have the split over GC 3-1
* Perth currently have the split over the Crocs 2-1 with 1 game to play (in Per) - The Crocs are +2 points
* The Blaze currently have the split over Perth with 1 game to play (at GC) - GC are +4 points

Now for 4th spot... it's a close race between Woll (11&10), Adel (9&10) and NZ (9&12)

Wollongong of course are without Ty McKee which is going to hurt them A LOT - it's a shame because they have been on top all year really and are the Cindarella story.

However, it would be good to see a team on a hot streak go into the playoffs... you want to be playing your best at the business end of the season.

* Woll have the split over NZ 3-0 with 1 game to play
* NZ currently have the split over the 36ers 2-1 and are +11 points
* Adel currently have the split over Woll with 1 game to go and have a massive 25 point advantage

I have counted out Melbourne & Cairns as I think they are too far behind... but its shaping up to be AWESOME!!!

Topic #22038 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

Too soon to rule out Tigers, I know they have to win 8 of 9, but they look strongest of stuggling pack.
Hawks wounded,tough run in, still need 5 of 8,
Breakers can't find the line,need 6 of 7 and meet Tigers this week,
Sixers not up to it, still need 6 of 8,
Cairns gone.

Reply #263773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Tigers look better at the moment than other teams in the bottom 4 - it's likely too late though.

Reply #263785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754