PERTH WILDCATS  	 2.80 
GOLD COAST BLAZE 5.50
TOWNSVILLE CROCODILES 5.50
NEW ZEALAND BREAKERS 7.00
WOLLONGONG HAWKS 10.00
ADELAIDE 36ERS 13.00
MELBOURNE TIGERS 13.00
CAIRNS TAIPANS 29.00
Centrebet still scared of the Breakers slipping too far back? They've lost Abercrombie, lost three straight, and today is the last day (I think) they can sign an import for the play-offs and I haven't seen anything on NZ news sites. But they're still ahead of the Hawks with those odds.

Townsville have won four straight and it's really only the top three that are looking anything but shaky at this point.

Who's your pick?

Topic #22055 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Crocs / Wildcats final at this point in time is my pick.

NZ's odds are way too low...as for the Tiger's at 13, that's plain stupid.

Reply #263942 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Just hang on with the Breakers, they are considering a pretty important pick up. If they sign him look out.

Reply #263944 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can they hurry up? Have to have whoever it is active by Thursday. Only mention I can find in the media is:

Breakers coach Andrej Lemanis says they are considering bringing in a short-term replacement for Abercrombie. He says they have to make a move before Thursday as all players must play seven games to be eligible for the playoffs.

Lemanis is keeping tightlipped about who the Breakers are chasing.

Reply #263948 | Report this post

herka  
Years ago

Donta smith mentioned in a article on the NBL website this morning

Reply #263973 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes, word is spreading that Donta Smith has been signed by the Breakers...

Can;t fiond anything official anywhere yet.

Reply #263977 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That was in my article, and the timing certainly works well. There is word that it is another well credentialed import though, so maybe not Donta. Time will tell. Not much time though if they want him on the court on Thursday.

Reply #263986 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Have to drop Rillie to fits points cap if Donta Smith was signed.
Abercrombie only had 1 point.
Not sure how many Pledger had?
Now Lemanis is calling for the cavalry????
Custers last stand!

Reply #263991 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Looks like they got to work on somebody else.

http://www.nbl.com.au/index.php?id=15&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=14981&tx_ttnews[backPid]=4&cHash=3692d77636

Reply #264015 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Kevin Braswell, Georgetown, signed with Breakers.
2007-2008 Turkey, Selcuk Uni 21.14ppg(4th TBL),4.2r,6.14apg(2nd TBL)
2009, Israel, Barak Netanya, Averaged 14.2min,2.1ppg and 2.5apg.
He must have been released just before Christmas.
What in the world happened to his game last year?
If the 2007-8 Kevin Braswell shows up we have a stud.

Reply #264021 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

Dont count your chickens before they are born

Reply #264031 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Perth are not favourites for mine. Baze are by a long way.
Perth very vulnerable if 3's don't drop. Their defense gives up dribble penetration way too easily.
I also like the Blaze as a rebounding unit too. This will become more important during the playoffs. They also rely on perimeter game too but Petrie can attack the rim off the dribble which few others can do.
The Blaze (when healthy) are all energy. I don't see that in Perth.
Melbourne provided they play perfectly over next month pose the next best chance. They look fairly complete, and if they can knock down some shots which has hurt them to date they could trouble the other two.

Reply #264034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see nobody rating the Crocs again bar 1 person. They will just keep rolling along happily. With their next 3 games including 2 against an understrength Gong and then Cairns expect them to be on top of the heap.

Reply #264065 | Report this post

G  
Years ago

That's right Anon. Crocs just keep on doing their thing, winning games and still no respect from anyone and still flying under the radar. I say it will be a GF between the Crocs and the Blaze.

Reply #264104 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

The NBL needs a GF series which they can promote and to do this well they will need a fierce rivalry to do so.

Who better than Perth and Townsville? After the chaos in last seasons play-offs, I'd love to see Corey Williams show his skills in "The Jungle" in a GF series.

My smart money is on Perth. Only ten that can go ten deep.

Reply #264127 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754