Johnny_Sack
Years ago

Jawai making rapid progress

As a T-Wolves fan i have seen Jawai play many times this season, and he clearly is an NBA player. He has adjusted his game (he is not having his shots rammed down his throat anymore), is playing with far more confidence, and looks in FAR better shape. He is also has surprisingly good BBIQ (read good passer and decision-maker).

I was neutral on him when he went to Minny - but have to say i would like to see them stitch him up for 1 or 2 more years (if the price is right) as a 2nd big off the bench. Considering how he has progressed since the start of the season he could be a decent asset in that role.

His progress has to be a boon for the Boomers as well. I think he and Bogut would make a formidable front line (size and skill wise). Hopefully Brown has been keeping an eye on him - and forgets about the NZ series (i was harsh on Jawai - and i am willing to eat humble pie).

Topic #22096 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats funny because in a article a couple of days ago, jawai said his confidence was very low...

Reply #264599 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Yeah i found those interviews as well - if anything it is a good sign. Obviously he knows he has a lot of work to do and by the looks of it is doing it (- it helps to practice with two of the best young bigs in the NBA (with diametrically opposed skill sets) - and be coached by two 'solid to great' PF/Cs (Rambis/Laimbeer)).

Comparing him from the first game to now - he looks like a vastly different player. I'm going on what i've seen on the court.

Reply #264612 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Thanks for the report, Johnny_Sack. It's hard to get a sense of that progress when all you have to go on is box scores. Some first hand observations are invaluable.

Reply #264617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754