Isaac
Years ago

NH - Boycott McDonald's

If you're not already avoiding McDonald's, here's another reason to do so.

They're suing a Brisbane rugby union team because they have "McBrat" printed on the butt of their playing shorts. The name comes from a sponsor, Malcolm McBratney, who says that the tag is simply derived from his name.

With sponsorship for sporting teams already difficult enough to secure, this is not a friendly action from the hamburglars at all.

Full article: McDonald's takes issue with rugby's McBrat pack

Topic #2218 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

McDonalds as big as a corporation that they are, would probably struggle to win this one unless they have a registered trademark on the name McBrat.

As for the name McDonalds, the phone books all over Australia are full of people with this name. Are they going to sue all of those people as well for using their name.

Reply #25103 | Report this post

JUST ME  
Years ago

if i couldnt have my maccas i would fade away too 100kgs theres nothing like a triple quater pounder mmmmmm! slaughter that cow im on my way

Reply #25375 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And apologies from me too, but my daughter likes their playgrounds too much for me to boycott. Can I take my HJ's burger in there with me?

[Strewth, I hope the coach isn't reading this. It's OK coach - I only eat the salads!]

Reply #25425 | Report this post

belinda  
Years ago

Appart from makeing us all obease.
The millions of toys,Mc donalds make, where are there sweatshops
and what do thay mean to achieve by creating tons of land
fill ,spoilt children ,unhappy parents.

Reply #31727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:37 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754