sabre tooth
Years ago

Can Norwood confirm interstate teams?

exactly what championship teams from interstate are coming / have registered over Easter?

whilst the other tourney seems to be in direct oppostion at the championship grade - A grade at the Norowood tourney will be still be ok and i am keen to get our team in A grade.

A right out there concept is maybe Norowood needs to shake hands with Timms and Gaze and call it the "great SE Challenge" or similar and one year melbourne gets the championship grade and Adelaide the A grade and reverse it the next year. That way everyone gets in on the action.

champioship grade would be VC, metro 1 and SA Div 1 and any top 3 Div 2 team.

A grade could be and lower Vic metro 1, any met 3, 3 teams, regional teams. Any bottom SA Div 1 teams, Div 2 and any top 3 Div 3 teams etc.

that would put some fresh teams in the mix and help keep some of the attractions of the norwood tourney.

Unfortunately trying to run a championship Div in the Norwood tourney whilst the other is on in Melb will be pushing uphill.

however A grade should remain untouched and a good trip for Vic metro 1,2,3 and regional (ie mildura) teams.

If i was the norwood president I would be giving Timms and Gaze a call re combining with the alternative idea.

can you please tell me who from interstate is coming here this easter

Topic #22194 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would presume that no Norwood Div 1 team will play in Vic that weekend. If they don't see it fit enough to support their own tournament then why should other Div 1 teams!!

Reply #266041 | Report this post

sabre tooth  
Years ago

that is what I am saying if people work together - ie one year melb gets the championship grade and adelaide the A grade and the next year it is reversed ie adelaide championship and melbourne A grade.

we may get more teams interested.

no need each year for sa teams to travel - vic teans come here alternative years.

I know when I was a kid part of the enjoyment was the travel - the alternative concept embraces this still.

Reply #266043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the proposal was by invitation but I may be wrong. All I am saying is that this year Norwood should come out publicly and say what their policy will be if invited. I think clubs wishing to participate in the Norwood event would feel aggrieved to find out they have supported this tournament but the host club is not!

Reply #266044 | Report this post

Years ago

by saying invitation only - just means they can keep the hicks out - any sa div 1 would get a start - although bottom div 1 teams would be questionable

Reply #266136 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perhaps Norwood Carny will die a slow death! Take away the Div 1 stronger teams and the carny will fold - clubs would have to question why they would play their Div 2 teams as some stronger Div 2 teams play Championship grade to improve their skills against harder teams....no reason then for the stronger Div 2 teams to participate.....

Reply #266148 | Report this post

Spitzilla  
Years ago

Baaa ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Melbourne working with SA to share something?

Baaa ha ha ha ha ha ha, thats a good one, baaa ha ha ha ha ha ha.

They want it all, and they will get it.

Reply #266194 | Report this post

flame  
Years ago

The Norwood Easter Carnival has earned the reputation as a well managed tournament with quality teams competing from SA, Vic and New Zealand. Games are played in good spirit in first class stadiums. We receive great feedback from Victorian teams competing and some young adults, who no longer play, have commented to me that coming to Adelaide for the Easter Classic is one of theit playing highlights. New Zealand are back again for the third year in a row.

Yes it is disappointing that a commercial competition is on at the same time given the long tradition of the Norwood Easter Classic but unfortunately we don't have a mortgage on Easter. The Norwood Club continues to work hard to promote and maintain the high standard set for our tournament. We have already received registrations from several Victorian clubs who have increased the number of teams they are bringing to Adelaide. Part of the enjoyment for these clubs is getting away and the doing the team road trip.

In answer to the question what will our Norwood teams be doing at Easter? Ofcourse they will all be at our Classic and I am also confident, as proven last year, that the high quality competition over four days will continue to attract the best SA and Victorian club teams and our NZ friends.

Greg Starkey
Director
Norwood Easter Classic

Reply #266810 | Report this post

Secret Sabre  
Years ago

Sturt will be there in force as well.

Reply #266825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754