Isaac
Years ago

Cairns vs Perth, Feb 3

Not really a crucial game in the play-off race given that Cairns are out of the equation and Perth are clear leaders, but a win for Cairns tonight could keep the 36ers anchored to the foot of the table.

Centrebet have the Cats as $1.60 favourites on the road.

Could Cairns surprise Perth if the Wildcats already have an eye on the finals?

Your tips?

Topic #22244 | Report this topic

Dazzman  
Years ago

I hope Perth win and I think they will do so quite easily. If the Taipans cause the upset then I guess the spoon will almost certainly end up in Adelaide for the first time in club history.

Reply #266893 | Report this post

Roo Boy  
Years ago

Not really a crucial game ?

Big game for the Cats could be the differance between finishing 1st and 4th massive game.

Cats by 12

Reply #266911 | Report this post

G  
Years ago

For once I am hoping the Taipans can win again at home, It will help our case to finish 1st or 2nd. Then they can come to pay us a visit on Sat night where we can give them some payback.I know some won't agree, but Perth are not infalabile, they can be beaten on any night.

Reply #266912 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL injury list: "Ian Crosswhite - Wrist - Test"

Reply #266913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last post

Thats what you get for being a wanker

Reply #266915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go cairns tonight, crocs need them to lose, then we'l flog em on saturday!!

Reply #266922 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

I cant believe I am saying this but.........

GO PERTH

CAIRNS for wooden spoon!

GO SIXERS!

Reply #266923 | Report this post

G  
Years ago

Never thought that I would ever say this but, THANK YOU CAIRNS. I said that Perth could be beaten. Wildcats heads are so far up their backsides that they honestly believe that no one can beat them. And Shane Heal, you're still a wanker.

Reply #266925 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

taipans won a cracker tonight.

ya gotta love it when the under dog comes through.

thats what ill miss if/when teams like cairns are gone from the nbl.
its such an aussie thing,the feeling of over-achieving against the odds,i love it.
it adds fibre and builds legends/characters within small towns.
it may sound a bit dramatic,but i'm proud of those bastard taipans tonight !!

Reply #266926 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Phil Jones' second 1/4 was insane!

Well done Taipans, an amazing result considering the start they had, after 5 mins it seemed like Perth would romp home by 40+!

Bring on Friday night on the coast, if we can get inside Redhage's head and put him off his game i think the Blaze should be able to get up. Then the top place is ours for the taking if we can be good enough on the road in the last 3 games.

Reply #266928 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Awesome win tonight by Cairns. As the game went on they seemed to have more players willing to step up and hit the big shots. Rhycart, Mills and Melzer were very important down the stretch when Perth tightened up on Jones.

It looked to me as if Perth just felt as though Cairns would just cough it up. Perth have the best team on paper but still look to me as if something is missing. Perhaps tonight that missing piece was Damian Martin?

Reply #266932 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Shane Heal is a gronk for sure. He says its great the 36ers get the wooden spoon first time in their history. Hey Shane, great also that for every club you played for, they went ass up. Shows what a deadbeat you really are

Reply #266940 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

So I trade Homicide for Martin because he's got 3 games, then...

Reply #266944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta love Heal. Finished his career with back-to-back wooden spoons with two different teams!

Reply #266946 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Dave, with the exception probably of Townsville, and perhaps Melbourne, every club in the league has gone arse up at some time. Some might have been saved (some many times), but they have all been arse-up.

Its a spurious argument, same as the one about Gooor sending teams broke. We can only know if "Goorj is the cause" if he caoches Townsville.

Reply #266953 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

True HO, but we also know that Goorj has a fantastic ability of talking owners into giving extra money to increase the professionalism of the team. While this was great in a purely basketball sense, and good for player development and hence the Boomers, it didnt really bring anywhere near a corresponding financial return for the clubs involved and hence put their finances under serious stress.

Of course, that is not to say that had Goorj not been there they wouldnt have gone broke. The Kings and the Dragons had bled plenty of money before he arrived.

Reply #266954 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

So Heal can cop the abuse and boos from the Adelaide crod for his entire career but cant have a dig at the 6ers when they are about to collect a wooden spoon?

Get over yourself Dave - if you can give it you got to be ready to take it when its your turn!

Reply #266967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754