anon
Years ago

Spectators

Last Saturday I witnessed a game against the Southern Tigers under 10 div 1 playing against the Former Div2 Northern Rattlers now div1. To say that I was surprised to see parents of the rattlers yelling at the ref their own children and giving abuse to the Tigers is an understatement. The very expeirneced ref on the day had to stop the game a few times and tell them to calm down. Now I know losing is not something this team is used to but I also witnessed this when they were div 2 and up by 40 points. How about just sit down let your kids have fun and dont bread hatred. The players on both sides were extremely riled up and hence the amount of fouls and kids lying on the floor.

Topic #2225 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Parents like that should only be allowed to watch games from the carpark. Unfortunately for those Northern kids their attitude will eventually end up like their parents.

Reply #25075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754