Corey
Years ago

Hodge FB message to Gilchrist........

I can decipher some of this, but if anyone can decipher the whole thing, then you are a Yank!

Julius Hodge > John Gilchrist: yo man if i get a sec ima fly out there to check you in the hospital man! tell BEN FITZ i said thanks for going to see you thats real!..i know how it is bein in a hospital not knowing what your b-ball career holds but you'll be good son..God on your side lil' homie n im praying you!! none of those supposed teammates went to see you but when the ... See Moregrass cut you see the snakes..so its all good.. if i get a sec b4 ima check you or rt afta my season son word up! keep ya head up man! u was the best pg this year by far neway!

English wasn't one of his best subjects.........

Topic #22254 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Hope thats not true that none of his team mates visited him in hospital! Not cool.

If true, it would go a way to explaining the complete lack of team work the Sixers showed this season though.

Not going to take Hodge's word for it though. Would need to hear it from other sources. After all, Hodge has no love for the Sixers or any of its players!

Reply #267031 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

That was always the most worrying thing about Gilchrist, the fact that he's friends with this wanker.

Agree with Beantown, I certainly wouldn't take Hodge's word on any of that. And what's with the "ryt after my season"? Why can't he set a date? That'll be two weeks John.

Reply #267033 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Oh and here's a translation if you can't get all of that:

Hello John,

If I have the time I will fly down to visit you in hospital. Tell Ben Fitzsimons I said thanks for visiting you, that's respectable. I know what it is like to be in hospital and not know how your basketball career will be effected, but you will be fine. God is on your side little friend and I am praying for you. None of your teammates went to visit you but I am smoking Moregrass and seeing snakes, so everything is fine. If I have time before the season ends I will visit you, or if not, straight after, I promise. Stay positive. You were the best point-guard in the league this year by far.

Regards, Judas.

Reply #267034 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

nice thanks Xztatik for the translation lol

Reply #267039 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ohhhh, that's what he meant.

Reply #267042 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

LOL Xztatik........The BEN FITZ in capitals is obviously a dig....

PS. Good luck in the DT this week mate, you got me in the final (cmenhoops), already see you've copped a golden egg for Penney....LOL. But the rest of your Wildcats stacked team will get you close to the mark....you've had a good season, overall ranking of 8 doesn't come by fluke! Well done, hopefully I can spoil your party!

Reply #267045 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thanks for the translation X, it's been a while since I've spoken Jive.

Reply #267046 | Report this post

maurice  
Years ago

well thank god for X because im to old for this s#@$!

Reply #267050 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Reminds me of Tyrone Bigguns from the Chappelle show.

"I smoke rocks".

Reply #267053 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm 59 years old and I kinda got it.
(I've been listening to Bob Dylan for 45 years)

Reply #267055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you all sound like grumpy old grandpas!

Reply #267058 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

"..None of your teammates went to visit you but I am smoking Moregrass and seeing snakes..."
Absolute GOLD!!!!

Reply #267061 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Leave it between them - do we need to analyse every message the guy posts?

Reply #267064 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I think the obvious answer to that is YES!

Reply #267068 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Isaac's right. We should leave it all on the court and see how both teams do in the finals.

Wait.

Carry on :p

Reply #267071 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

The fact that he signs off the message with "you were the best by far" just shows how insincere he is. He'll say anything to make him sound like a solid citizen but he is an unpopular piece of shit.

Reply #267078 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

This is possibly the most pathetic thread I've seen on this forum.

This isn't Women's bloody Weekly.

Reply #267096 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bobby Tables, you are wrong!

There have been many more worse than this thread.

Reply #267099 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

It's a bit creepy that people so openly are stalking these guys like this. I don't like hodge one but and I hope jg isn't back as a 6er ever!...but leave there private lives as just that. Again it's a bit creepy this stalking and posting like this IMO

Reply #267103 | Report this post

The snake think sounds more like when you cut the grass the snakes will show... some criptic thing about the evil doers at the 36ers!!

As Jay-Z says on Blueprint 2...

"I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show"

mmm says it all really...

Reply #267105 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Thanks Corey! Yeah I think I've given up on winning the whole thing after I made Homicide captain instead of Wortho and traded for Sammy Mack instead of Hinder. I would be in 3rd spot if it wasn't for those dumb moves but now this might be all I got! So don't beat me!!! Lol well done on getting this far anyway.

PS: I don't get that Penney comment, what do ya mean?

Reply #267106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Ladies,

That was a sincere message to Gilly from Julius and a sincere thank you to Ben, so stop making more out of it. He spoke the truth, no dig just the facts.

Reply #267108 | Report this post

Moregrass  
Years ago

Anonymous how the f#ck would you know you tool. And dont come back with a fake 'oh I know him' because we all know thats a wank and it could never be proven. Hodge is a d1ck.

Reply #267110 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

If Julius still holds some love for Ben Fitz then maybe we should sign Julius and Gilchrist next season since they're such good homies. Just to think Adam Ballinger isn't getting the ball enough now, just imagine?

But seriously, I sure hope his team mates made the effort to see him in the hospital. If not, that is really poor by the guys.

All the best Gilchrist for a speedy recovery.

Reply #267112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA people sook to much.. You guys used to try and do everything you could to kiss this blokes P****...

Get over it

Reply #267116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Moregrass,

Your a wanka! If you only knew, loser.

Reply #267119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is this thread much different to the ribbing Haha copped the other week for speaking out.
Much like how the public are tired of turning a blind eye to footballers and their bad behaviour towards the public, why shouldn't ballers be outed if they are taking on the same I have a do what I want and get away with it badge.
Maybe that's what it will take to get some of them to act like better human beings because let's face it, those Blaze boys really are a bunch of bastards and it's not hard to notice that around the coast they're far from discreet.
To a lesser degree the married, married with kids ones who have a bit of a life and don't run around everyday with their pants round their ankles stalking Hooters staff.

Reply #267129 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

For you who say I was stalking Hodge, get stuffed because it came up on the news feed without me searching for it. This is because I am FB friends with JG, not Hodge. After I read it, I thought it was appropriate to post on a BASKETBALL forum that I visit regularly.

For those who say this could be the worst thread ever.....I have read far worse (you don't have to search far) and no-one asked you to click on this and read it anyway!?!

X, Penney is showing a 0 score after Thurs night's game, but don't worry, Ubaka didn't play which gave me a golden egg as well!

Reply #267144 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

omg.. i saw hodge get a pizza... it was a PEPPERONI pizza!!

seriously, get over it ppl

Reply #267151 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

The MoreGrass comment seems like a jibe at White people. Nice!

Reply #267154 | Report this post

shotclock  
Years ago

In the meantime where can I get the book"Speak Jive for Dummies"?

Reply #267155 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"X, Penney is showing a 0 score after Thurs night's game, but don't worry, Ubaka didn't play which gave me a golden egg as well!"

Oh right, I haven't checked the head-to-head scoring but he actually got 42 lol sorry.

Reply #267157 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd guess Gilly could've watched a bitta NBA entertainment movie today Lil Bow wow and/or the Liz Cambage spectacular (while I played the second best game to basketball i.e volleyball, and wouldn't mind being able to visit him.
They seem 2 good friends, but sixers don't like them.

Reply #267162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesn't anyone think that the snakes might be the taipans. "Seeing as "moregrass cut you"- moregrass might be the nicname for someone at the sixers and julius is telling john that he might be able to see the snakes for a gig next season!! wait and see- you wil all thank me!!!!!!

Reply #267173 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Looked it up in the Jivetalk dictionary - no such word.

IMO, "See Moregrass cut you see the snakes" Means where times are tough(the grass has been cut and you're not in clover), you see who your real friends and enemies (snakes) are.

Lay some skin on me posters, ima gun

Reply #267189 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't bothered reading the full thread to see if the "moregrass" crew are joking around or genuinely confused, but re:

but when the ... See Moregrass cut you see the snakes
"See More" is a link to continue reading the post. Original text would've been
but when the grass cut you see the snakes

Reply #267202 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754