paul roberts
Years ago

NBL final four almost set

At this stage it looks like the top 4 will be

Wildcats
Townsville
Goldcoast
Hawks

The only way that can change is if Hawks loose both there games and NZ win both . You would back the Hawks to win 1 if not both so it looks set. On the other hand if goldcoast get thumped by NZ and lose there last game to Melbourne they could miss out all together wich would be pretty funny scince all there stupid fans were posting claming that the minor premiership was theres and that the Tigers would kill the Cats and kick them while there down.

The only way the Cats wont finish first is if the goldcoast win there last two ,First away to NZ and then away to the Tigers (i dont think so). Or Townsville beat Adelaide and beat the Cats by more then 12 points

Im going for a Cats v Townsville GF and the Cats to get up 2-1

Topic #22263 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Towsville to win uit all!

Reply #267197 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Short of a miraculously bad finish by other teams, you'd think that the Breakers' chances are now exceptionally slim.

Reply #267203 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Breakers have lost the series with the Hawks (they'll get their 15 wins)so our only chance is to knock out the GC winning by 7+(possible) next Thursday.
And hope Melbourne can do the right thing to help.

Reply #267208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold Coast can't win on the road they can only win in front of their own fans so with their next two games on the road hopefully they'll lose- I can think of nothing worse than a pretender cocky arrogant team in the final let alone winning it they have not been consistent enough.
I agree I'd like to see Perth vs T'ville final they are class teams and class characters off the court if not Perth vs Hawks but definately with Perth in the final.

Reply #267218 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

I agree orbit Townsville to win it all! GO CROCS GO

Reply #267239 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Anonymous, how can the Blaze be a pretender and not consistant? Im pretty sure that all the teams in the top 4 at the moment are within a game or 2 of each other so surely they are all pretty consistant?
Yes they have struggled a bit on teh road but so have most sides, hell even Perth lost to the Taipans on Wednesday. The Blaze have actually won in Perth this season, against the team you say are most deserving so surely that makes your 'pretender' call a bit of a furphy?

As for comments on whos players are more arrogant/cocky/classy or whatever, Id suggest all the teams have some cocky players and some more reseved personalities, thats just the way it goes!

Reply #267243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but other teams aren't practically an entire team of sh#theads like rugrats let loose.

Reply #267337 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Big call anonymous....the entire team?

Mika Vukona acting like a rugrat? Pero? Maxey? Harvey? Vanderjagt? Petrie?

and if your still harping on about one of the younger guys in particular hitting the town a few weeks ago before an away game..he did the wrong thing, got caught out and copped it on the chin. His performances since then have been excellent.

Reply #267341 | Report this post

Rooboy  
Years ago

Cant see how Goldcoast can make it just dont see them getting within 7 points of NZ or beating Tigers in Melbourne 2 days latter.

So im going for

Cats
Townsville
Hawks
NZ

Cats to beat Townsville 2-1 GF De-Lisch MVP

as a Cats Fan hate the fact of ing to play NZ 2 or 3 times to Qualify for the GF but class and depth will come to there advantage and if they can do that and go on to beat either Hawks or Crocs they will have truley earnt the title.

It would also be unjust if the Cats do not finish top after the final round if we had just a little more experiance in the likes of Wagstaff Weigh Lisch the minor premiership would have been ours along time ago ,games we could/should have won

Rnd 1 lost to Hawks by 2 Weigh missed a 3on the buzzer
Lost to Goldcoast when 19 points up at half time
Lost to Townsville up by 8 at 3 qtr time
and just lost two both Tipains and Goldcoast after leading the first 3 qtrs in both games.

Reply #267347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the young guy you are talking about that got caught there were 2 of them from what I heard but I'm not the same person who posted that but I do remember reading it.
K so maybe not the whole team but a signifigant amount are shitheads if you take a step back from the gloss of autograph signings which everyone does and the water park promo there is certainly a muck culture brewing there.

Reply #267372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't assume every anonymous is the same anonymous or that there's only 2 or 3 people in Australia who aren't fans of Blaze I'm sure there's a few more than that.

Reply #267375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably assume there is more than 2 or 3 people around who are jealous of the Blaze success and just want to post stuff to make them look bad too

Reply #267376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah 2 or 3 I bet that's all it is nimrod.

Reply #267437 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754