Isaac
Years ago

Lightning vs Capitals, Feb 7

CANBERRA TRANSACT CAPITALS 99 (J Bibby 19, N Hurst 18, L Jackson 16) bt
ADELAIDE LINK LIGHTNING 72 (J Foley 24, C Francis 14, S Woosnam 14)
At Distinctive Homes Dome, Adelaide

Topic #22265 | Report this topic

Just Interested  
Years ago

Why didn't whoever was responsible have the car park open? All the publicity and the free entrance for juniors in uniform was always going to be a bigger than normal crowd? Poor effort.

Reply #267228 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I heard the crowd was going to be around 5000. Now where near that much. Carparking didn't seem to be a problem in the surrounding streets as I got there nearly at the end of 1st quarter ad the huge corner block of land near the stadium only had around 20 cars. The whole area looked very uncongested in cars. For that reason I don't think the the lack of opening the onsite carpark was a huge problem.

Reply #267248 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Pretty strange that the car park was not open.
Who has the say on that? Was it because it is owned and managed by the local council??

Pretty impressed by L.Jackson post game.
Someone put out a table that instantly had a massive queue in front of it, and she must have spent ages signing stuff and posing for photos afterwards.

Reply #267266 | Report this post

lo jack  
Years ago

terrible that car park was shut and ticket booths not open.

absoloutely woeful effort by lightning - one of our worst performances since the final in qld a year or two ago, or the losses to logan or the home loss to perth 2-3 years ago.

foley, francis, camino, newley, marino - locks for next season.

please go around again sam.

please yourself the rest - coach and all.

need to do more thatn fold your arms and wave them around at the refs vicky.

second and third option offences ?? M I A

as i have said all year we were another 2 talls away from being serious.

it is a crime that foley, camino, sam, marino and francis are not playing wnbl finals.

our starting line up would challenge anyone -

marino
foley
camino
burston
francis

LJ was her exquisite best - why valk did not use time outs when their trap got on top was beyond me - watching them strip the ball off us like u12s was demoralizing.

foley did not hurt her chances in front of the national coach - with a gutsy effort.

all roads will lead to canberra now anyway - with teh national coach there - all upcomers will be busting for a gig.

Reply #267275 | Report this post

lo jack  
Years ago

what about the rule with visible skins and jacksons shorts ?

her skins were cm's below her shorts.

style queen

Reply #267276 | Report this post

Hi jack  
Years ago

I think you will find a much bigger clear out than that lo jack.
Try marino,foley....................

Yes an thats about it

Reply #267287 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Kinsman for coach

Reply #267288 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That starting 5 ain't going to win you squat....

Reply #267306 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Good news for Melbourne WNBL fans, the Bulleen vs Capitals game this coming Saturday has been moved to the 3500 capacity The Cage and will be broadcast live on ABC.

Reply #267313 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754