Euroleague predictions

Fascinating league here that is close to nba level. i like montepaschi at 15-1. how would the top nbl teams go in this league?

odds are:
Winterthur FCB 3.00

Olympiacos 4.50

Real Madrid 6.00

CSKA Moscow 9.00

Panathinaikos 10.0

Montepaschi 15.0

Caja Laboral 21.0

Maccabi Tel Aviv 34.0

Khimki 51.0

Partizan 51.0

Efes Pilsen 67.0

Unicaja 101

Prokom Trefl Sopot 101

Maroussi Athens 251

Zalgiris Kaunas 750

Cibona 750

Topic #22288 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Youre right, good odds on Montepaschi, people are just waiting for them to fall over. Barcelona have been the best team all year, but Im not sure their style of cutting, free moving offence will do the job in the Final Four once it becomes little more than a wrestling match in the half court. $10 for Panathinaikos are good odds too.

But if I was going for value for money, I would take $50 on Aleks Maric's Partizan, who have beaten a lot of good sides this year - including Barce - and have a well rounded roster and an excellent half court game.

As for the best NBL sides, I think they would fit well in the bottom half of the Euroleague, but would rarely come close to beating the absolute powerhouses.

Reply #267421 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Paul - I couldn't agree more.

Partizan right now are the real smokey, and they have beaten Barcelona and Panithinaikos in consecutive final 16 games and lead Group B undefeated ahead of their clash this week with Maroussi. And to cap it off, Partizan have continued winning despite missing Aleks Maric to injury! speaking of which, do you know when he is due back from injury? Last I heard he would be out for around 4 maybe 6 weeks.

Olympiacos are however looking good also and would be my tip to win it.

Reply #267423 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I am not so convinced about Olympiacos - I dont know they have the mental toughness to win at the Final Four. Heaps of talent though so you might be right.

Aleks was meant to be back for the start of the round of 16, but was postponed to be safe. The last article I read said he would only miss the first two weeks, but I havent really looked since then. Hopefully it is not a Sam Mackinnon like knee that goes from two weeks rest to two years on the sidelines!!

Reply #267429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754