Little sabre
Years ago

Top 36ERS players in history

who are the 2 or 3 best adelaide 36er in history do you know who i think it is mark davis and brett maher

Topic #2230 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

davis maher pearce

so many to choose from

bill jones, mike mckay , mee , green,

man way to many

Reply #25162 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

Maher and mee i reckon.
Maher i believe is the best captain any team could have, and mee.. his defence and game is just incredible. It would be good if we could get him back before his career finishes

Reply #25163 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

To only pick two is unfair to the rest of the great players that have suited up for the 36ers. Maybe a good thing would be to make the ulitmate 36ers dream team... five starters and five on the bench.

Reply #25164 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Here is my team I would chose as my favourite 36ers team:

1:Maher
2:Al Green
3: Farley
4: Davis
5: Jones
6: Mee
7: Pearce
8: Cat
9: Rose
10: McKay

Personal choice but I think a decent squad.

Reply #25181 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

No-one compares to Mark Davis for success and longevity. If Maher is here for just a tad longer, he deserves the crown but for now, it's Pud.

Reply #25185 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

No mention of star import Jojo english...okay, so maybe HE wasn't a star, but Rick Brunson certainly had game, for those of you who remember, Rick went on to play for the Chicage Bulls only two seasons after donning a sixers uniform.

Reply #25200 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

and know Brunson is a starter for the Clippers.

Reply #25202 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I wouldnt Say Brunson dominated in the NBL though.

Yeah he was a quality import and got points on the board.

He was only 24 at the time.

Good to see him in the NBA and still there today!

Reply #25208 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Al Green, Mark Davis and Brett Maher.

Reply #25211 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I would actually like to put Paul Rees' name in for one of the 36er legends.

Whilst this guy doesnt set the stats world on fire, isn't the flashiest player in the world, he was still instrumental in 3 of our championships, and the fact that he has come back to finish his career with Adelaide, after being cut due to cap restraints, is testament to the legend that he is.

Of course when talking 6er legends, you cant go past Green, Davis, Maher. If I was naming a "Legends 10" this is how my vote would look :

PG - Mee
SG - Maher
SF - Green
PF - Davis
C - Rees

Bench
Farley
Ninnis
McKay
Cattalini
Bradtke

Even if that squad suited tomorrow, I think they would be able to kick some serious butt of current NBL teams.

Reply #25214 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

OK Yogee, here's my Top Ten in response (how you didn't include Darryl Pearce, I don't know - 258 games/4th, 4863 points/3rd). Says something about Adelaide's teams over the years that I only had two big fellas. Bradtke and Bill Jones weren't far off. Honourable mentions also to Kevin Brooks, Rupert Sapwell and David Winslow (to round out the "third five").

PG Green
SG Maher
SF Cattalini
PF Davis
C Rees

Bench
Mee
Pearce
Ninnis
McKay
Farley

Reply #25215 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Maher Captained 3 NBL CHAMPIONSHIPS:-

ENOUGH SAID!

Reply #25240 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

KB surely has to get a spot on the bench guys, the killer crossover between the legs fadeaway.....swish

Reply #25338 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Robert Rose has got to be in any roster of 10.

Reply #25343 | Report this post

JUST ME  
Years ago

rupert sapwell
jerry denard
brett wheeler
tim brenton
matt scalzi
mike corchern(sorry if wrong)

imports
david robinson
jojo english

Reply #25366 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

PG Green
SG Maher
SF Mee
PF Cattalini
C Davis

6th Man - Farley

Well a couple dont really fit the positions, but that would be my team. (i had to cram them in) Not the biggest, but the best.

Reply #25566 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

I know there used to be a bearcats and glenelg in the national competition, but did Al Green play for the Sixers or a different team. I've heard stories of a 70 point game for the Green Machine, can anyone elighten me or whether he would warrant selection?

Reply #25569 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Al Green's 72 (or so I recall) was for West Adelaide against Frankston. Al was amazing when he arrived in Australia. Imagine a backcourt of Al and Leroy Loggins, with Ken Richardson (picture an American Mark Bradtke with smarts), Ray Wood (small PG - excellent defense), Peter Ali (SF - again, excellent defense) and you start to see why Westies ran all over everyone in the early 80s. Al joined the 36ers in 1985 when they merged with the Bearcats ..... and it's a shame the "Sixers" don't acknowledge the history of either of their feeder clubs ..... including the previous Adelaide 36ers (by this, I'm referring to the photo board - someone has to have some old pics in the shed!). Heck, Wayne McDaniel, Darryl Pearce and David Winslow were ripping up courts for Adelaide long before Mark Davis arrived.

Reply #25580 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Brunson was horrible and selfish when he played with the sixers. Very undeserved of MVP for the year he played. Couldn't believe he went on with a gig in the NBA.

The best without a doubt: Davis, Maher, Green with Pierce only narrowly missing out.

Reply #225334 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754