russ
Years ago

Programming suggestion - Inside the NBA (TNT)

Just a suggestion:

One HD should buy the rights to Inside the NBA, which is straight after the TNT double headers on Thursday Nights (Friday Australian time):

"Inside the NBA is the five-time Emmy Award-winning postgame show for NBA on TNT broadcasts. The program features host Ernie Johnson with analysts Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith. Occasionally, Johnson, Smith, and Barkley are joined by one of three guest analysts, Chris Webber, Reggie Miller, or David Aldridge."

This is probably one of the most popular sports shows on american FTA and would also increase Australian viewership of NBA games from casual sports fans. The show is basically the Australian version of the Footy Show for the NBA. It's entertaining and also gives a "big picture" view of the NBA season to date and casual fans would be more likely to tune in to upcoming games, rather than just trotting out the games with real understanding of league standings etc. every week.

It would be highly beneficial for One HD to get an NBA highlights program like this to keep viewers interested during the season. Real NBA is cheaply produced and boring - Inside the NBA is the polar opposite. Do you remember 15 years ago when the NBA was big in Australia? Part of it was because we had Steve Carfino and Billy Woods giving us a well presented highlights package (NBA Action).

The best part about Inside the NBA - One HD is already getting the feed from TNT and the episodes are available online (not in HD but low res) so getting the show is going to be DIRT CHEAP.

For more of what i'm talking about see here:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2010/01/28/20100128_inside_full.nba/

Can someone please give me contact details of the person that makes decision in relation to One HD programming so that I can put the case above forward.

I'm sure everyone would agree getting Inside the NBA in HD would be no brainer for ONE HD. It's money in the bank.

Topic #22302 | Report this topic