ritz
Years ago

Wortho to leave the Tigers for Europe

Pretty big news in that Mark Worthington will not be in the NBL next season.
Trying to follow other Boomer team mates in getting a gig in Europe.
Article was in Friday's Herald Sun.
No digital media (that I could see) was reporting this, so I couldn't provide any links.
Interesting times next year at Tiger town...

Topic #22316 | Report this topic

BMF  
Years ago

Good for wortho tho as he needs to be out there for his future...

NBL is not where he will make too much coin...

Reply #267807 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

known this for awhile now.

things like this is bad for NBL. this is one of the reasons why it's hard for NBL to build any brands. they need to work and keep their stars in the league.

they're lucky wortho's probably not that well liked anyway but others like Newley etc. not here is a problem.

Reply #267813 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

thats good for Wortho but yeah i agree bad for the NBL, the only reason Wortho is disliked soo much is because he is a gun! especially when he plays the 6ers he kills us every time

Reply #267817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah he's playing in Puerto Rico during the offseason. The stint there finishes in August.

Reply #267821 | Report this post

pass the ball  
Years ago

Good luck to Wortho after last night's performance he certinly isn't a good fit in the NBL. I don't think he likes being in a losing team.

Reply #267828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wortho isnt disliked because he is good, he just has an annoying media personality i think. Theres something there that is annoying. hard to pin point

Reply #267829 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

Don't think he'll last as an import overseas.

Reply #267835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754