Mystro
Years ago

Top 4 set in stone

Perth/Townsville/GoldCoast/Wollongong

Breakers came close but no cigar, the way they have been playing of late they would have been very hard to stop.
big props to the hawks and blaze and I hope one of them take it out

Topic #22326 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

Breakers,playing the best basketball of everyone in the league, have paid price for mid season inconsistency and dithering on second import.
No arguments with final 4, all earned their place.
Finals basketball is usually tight. Defence and rebounding are highlighted,so I still favour Blaze but injuries have hurt their roster.
Hawks too are suited to finals style but will rely heavily on Campbell and Saville from outside for offence.

Reply #267891 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

agreed, a healthy Blaze would have a very good shot but can't count Perth out

Reply #267892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am liking hawks chances seeing as they have home court in semis. if they play the final series against townsville, we have a good shot at taking it out

Reply #267897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has the schedule been set?

Do the blaze still have to play at Carara?

Reply #267899 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Interesting too that teams needed 16 wins or better to make the finals. Most people were thinking at least 14 and probably 15 would be enough.

Also interesting that 3 of the top 4 will end up on the same number of wins and the top team will have only one more. Great comment on the closeness of the top half of the competition across the season.

Reply #267900 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

great regular season, teams very close and any team could beat any team on any given night. All of the teams are capable of taking it out

Reply #267901 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

NBL press release says Wollongong have second place sewn up, and the winner of today's Perth v Crocs clash plays the Gold Coast who finish fourth, while the loser travels to Wollongong for game 1 of the semis next weekend.

You would imagine Perth v Gold Coast and Wollongong v Townsville, a couple of good rivalries there.

Reply #267907 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

The press release has been withdrawn and replaced with one that is more accurate... the scenario is:

If Perth win the ladder is:

Per
Woll
Tsv
GC

If Townsville win:

Tsv
GC
Woll
Perth

Reply #267911 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Is that right Rod? I thought with teh Hawks winning last night the Blaze were locked into 4th?

If somehow the Blaze do get 2nd spot its off to Carrara for the semi finals!

Reply #267915 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

yep confirmed here

Reply #267919 | Report this post

K47  
Years ago

I dont get it.. still

When did NBL decide on this system? Their "finals" outline that'd been up all season was taken offline this morning supposedly.

Gordie's mentality all season was look at it as 7 series' - Looked to have paid dividends.

Hawks won the series against Blaze, yet will finish below them (with the same record) if Crocs win today.

Hopefully next season NBL announces & explains the system properly to fans and the teams so everyone knows what's going on... probably should grasp their own concept also.

Can you imagine if this happened in the NRL/AFL?

People wonder why NBL is looked at as a bush league.

Reply #267926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754