anon
Years ago

Fans Deserve Better

was it just me or was there a very definite not interested attitude at the end of the game ot the sixers moving to centrecourt and the court announcer asking us to give it up for the season - it seemed to me most peoplwe wee walking out heads down and very disappointed in a season that promised so much - thanks SOS and delivered nil.
Murray Magpie have to be the stand out- for full season performnce consistent gamwe gamwe out - but the players as a collective and thats what its about were major let down must be changes - from top to bottom -
SOS thanks for the opportunity to support the team without you guys we be cheeeering nothing but time to make hard decisions - some i think will hurt - need to reengage grass root supportor base with honest team performance

Topic #22330 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ninnis bye.

Reply #267946 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Players deserve better...

Reply #267950 | Report this post

free throw  
Years ago

agree ninnis gone but was watching fox sports news one night and they were doing a story on the 36ers and as far as hes concerned his still go another year left on his contract and hes not going anywhere

Reply #267956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the SOS group are even half serious about making it up to the fans for whats happened this season they'll get rid of Ninnis.

Reply #267965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For Anonymous...

Please understand that whilst this season has been the clubs worst nightmare...

I congratulate the SOS with the job they have done...

Might i suggest that you send a polite email to the sixers and this goes to the rest of the posters on this site.

Cause if the SOS get a polite email with the suggestions made by people on this site they may take them more personally and consider them in the same manner!!!

Reply #267968 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

yeah i agree with anon pst 968, remember we could of had NO TEAM if the SOS hadnt of jumped in so even though the wooden spoon hurts at least we have a team to support

Reply #267975 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

To "illicit":- To be consistent in your post, shouldn't you have said "at least we of a team to support"?

Reply #267985 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Whatever the causes (and there would've been a few inc coach, injuries, players), in a tight season, late game fades were enough to be the difference between play-offs and the spoon. I expected 4th to 6th and we were 1-2 close results off finishing 6th. Disappointing, but not the end of time and there were enough positive signs that leave things to build on (including decent crowds and real highlights from players).

Fan reaction at games in the latter stages of the season was mostly one of acceptance. The last two close losses were no huge surprise. No booing (like a couple of seasons back when there seemed to be no heart), just waiting for the trauma to end and then some off-season surgery.

Reply #267994 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Personally I think that many of our losses from close games have been due to either undisciplined play from a couple of the players on the court, not sticking to the game plan and trying to win the game on their own, i.e. Cortez Groves and Brad Hill on Saturday in the last few minutes of OT etc., or a coach who cannot control his players, or cannot run plays to close out a game.

However even though we lost, the games have been anything but boring. Just verrrrrry frustrating at the end.

Reply #268000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754