Player23
Years ago

Eric Burdon signs with Mt Gambier Pioneers!

The latest report is that Burdon has decided to join Matt Sutton down at Mount Gambier for the 2010 season.
Great news for Mt Gambier but devastating news for North Adelaide. Hopefully by going down to the Mount, playing in the SEABL and showing his game to a wider audience he can give himself a real shot at making an NBL list for next season.
Good luck Eze!

Topic #22338 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

How is the Pioneers roster looking so far for this season?

Reply #268008 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Matt Sutton
Eric Burdon
Dallas Jeffree
Andy Tipton
Kevin Smith (don't know if he'll be around for very long though!)
Andrew Rice
Kurt Russell
Zac Delany- (midget from Wollongong)
A player on the Townsville roster not sure of name and another player from Queensland.
Nic Morrison
Couple of young locals.
Not a bad group really, but probably a bit small.

Reply #268010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the latest on Shannon Seebohm, will he be elsewhere this season or can he no longer play for health reasons?

Reply #268017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant play with his heart cond

Reply #268035 | Report this post

pig dog  
Years ago

Kevin Smith was let go on Friday, major sponsr pulled out his money that was attached to this player. Board had to let him go.

My tip is he will turn up in country victoria through an old warrior connection.

Reply #268068 | Report this post

Hydra97  
Years ago

I have heard the Pioneers are in huge financial trouble and are signing guys without the funds to pay them. Smith is supposedly the first of more to go....Rice and Jeffree are supposedly next. Word is a lot of sponsors pulled the plug including the main sponsor and they cant find anyone to replace them

Reply #268071 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Pioneers in bad financial trouble and wont last the season......insolvency seems likely

Reply #268072 | Report this post

Pioneer  
Years ago

Pig dog, who was Kevin Smiths major sponsor and who told you it was the major sponsor?

Reply #268077 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Pioneers will have no trouble paying the players they have.

And hydra, rice and jeffree supposedly next? You are an idiot! Both have bought houses in Mount Gambier and are definitely not going anywhere, Just shut up when you dont know what you are talking about.

Reply #268082 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Pioneers are here too stay, they are not going anywhere. The board is strong and are gaining new sponsors every day and old ones are coming back.

Everyone looking forward to the season start, with the group looking very good, and even better when everyone arrives.

Reply #268084 | Report this post

change it up  
Years ago

they centainly need a back up for Sutts, anyone know how the Millicent weekend went for the Pioneers?

Reply #268095 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

The little fella from Wollongong should be a sloid back up for Sutts.
I hear they lost to Centrals, but beat Forestville, Tasmania State under 20's, but i'm not sure on the other game.

Reply #268104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Brigilia is going there?

Reply #268107 | Report this post

Baller  
Years ago

Need a backup for Rice as well....he fouled out and Tipton is definately not going to be able to play against 5s in the SEABL

Reply #268111 | Report this post

knox  
Years ago

dan briglia going to albury, it is in the albury paper and on their website.

Reply #268112 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Zac Delaney boys, read my post above!

Reply #268131 | Report this post

Cats29  
Years ago

Not sure I believe you Coach.

Seems Smith was told that his contract was withdrawn because of the Clubs financial position.

http://linky.com.au/qf04i

Reply #268134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah good link. Because the Border Watch is a quality source of information.

Reply #268149 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

The club is going through some financial problems and it is ignorant to deny this. It is public knowledge that the Major Sponsor Scott's Transport is going through some legal issues and more than likely will not be able to honour it's sponsorship deal, leaving a very big hole for the club financially.
Maybe if they were honest, the community would once again rally behind them and show some support.

Reply #268162 | Report this post

change it up  
Years ago

yeh I mean why wouldnt they support a team with no local player development a new coach they have never heard of and no chance of a local making the roster.

Reply #268181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick Morrison not a local?????? Jimmy Flemming not a local??????? Why do people post about something they have no idea about?

Reply #268196 | Report this post

Animal  
Years ago

The guy's name is ERIK (not Eric) - can't we at least show some respect?

Reply #268204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

should maybe have let the coach go first...... i reckon all would have moved forward from there and smith would still be there.

Reply #268264 | Report this post

Cats29  
Years ago

Anon. the Border Watch was quoting Smith directly from an interview not 3rd or 4th hand.

I think this Coach will be alright, he certainly deserves a chance.
As for the Scott's sponsorship, it was only ever going to be a 2 year deal, it would not have been factored into Smith's contract for this year. My understanding is the Smith situation is based on Silver sponsors at least one withdrawing late.

Great to see Morrison and Fleming getting a run, disappointing to see Mason battling for a bench spot after almost 100 games.

Reply #268297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Zac Delany a definite for this season with Mt. Gambier and who is the guy from Townsville's roster

Reply #268301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mason has only been in the country for one week, of coarse he would be battling for a bench spot no one should get courtime based on how many games they play, they have to be good enough, as for letting the coach go that makes no sense you fool, the sponsorship that was withdrawen was allocated specifically for smith so he had to be released, facts people facts

Reply #268303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the coach should learn how to spell if he is to put comments on a forum under an anonymous persona....The facts remain that if an import costs you more than the one silver sponsorship that may have been withdrawn (if even allocated), how were they planning to pay for not only the rest of smiths contract but also the extra import that was signed after smith was already signed when funds were probably clearly never there for the second import???

Did the coach have motives of his own with regards to smiths contract??

Do not be fooled by smoke and bullshit people.

Reply #268314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So squad would be ???
Rice/ Jenkins
Tipton / Morrison
Jeffree / Russell
Burdon / Mason
Sutton / Delaney / Flemming

would this be better or worse than last year ?

Reply #268350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If i was the the pioneers i would rather keep a player that has done so much already for this community then a coach who has turn this town against each other. Pay the player who has a chance of helping the team win, not the coach who sits on the bench and does nothing. why not let a local coach the team who is there for the love of the club and the game!

WAKE UP PIONEERS, IF YOU NEED MONEY KEEP THE COMMUNITY ON YOUR SIDE! NO ONE WILL COME WATCH YOU PLAY IF YOU KEEP THIS UP! YOUNG KIDS LOOK UP TO THE PLAYERS NOT THE COACH!

Reply #268351 | Report this post

mavs  
Years ago

Mason has been put on trial by the new coach for a month.

Tore his hamstring against Lions on Sunday,

trial might be over?

Reply #268354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought this was about Burdon, that is a positive...

Reply #268379 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Geez there are some clowns in this world!!!
Anon #268351 that has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen for a long time!!! Your from Kalangadoo aren't you???
I guess the "get a local coach" theme really worked over the past couple of years didn't it??? How many finals games did you play??? Even someone as dumb as you can count to zero!!!
Yeah get rid of the new coach and keep the underperforming american! You are a genius!!! I wish the sixers had of done that all these years, or what about the Sydney Kings, they should have sacked Brian Goorjan!!

Reply #268411 | Report this post

Cats29  
Years ago

Hey Player23, You had me onside.
I was following that logic until you started on Kalangadoo.
That's it, enough's enough now I think you're a tool!

Reply #268412 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Lol..sorry Cats29 you must be one of the bright ones out there, most wouldn't have even realised it was an insult! ;)
Should I change it to Nangwarry seeing as there's not many left out there to insult?

Reply #268434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Jenkins is not a centre so forget him backing up Rice, the inside will be left to Rice and Tipton with some help from Jenkins, Russell and Morrison I'm guessing. They need a reserve big.

Jenkins, from what I was told from a Crocs corporate is a slasher who can run and jump but lacks the polish to be an NBL player just yet

Reply #268503 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

Did anyone see the fallout between the former coach and the new coach Tuesday night?
Rumour has it that it spilled out into the car park. Former coach has taken the company signs from his corporate boxes.
More money gone Pioneers.

Reply #269264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the pioneers have lost the another sponsor as well!! the ex resident has taken his sponsorship away as well!! i hear this coach is a his way or the highway sort of coach!! this wont work in the mount!! its unfortunate!!
also in the past a local coach which gave them some connection to the community but now the dont even have that!!

Reply #269290 | Report this post

Borris  
Years ago

Vesta 57, you are a rumour mill. Sounds as though you want the Pioneers to fail?

But to add to the Pioneers saga, when is the board going to see that the new coach is the whole problem with regards to their financial woes?

Knowing for a fact at least eight sponsors have pulled considerable funds due to the arrogance etc of the new coach, why cant the current board not see that they are standing by a 'coach' who has never coached a SEABL game for the Pioneers and driving all the sponsors away (maybe even some players)?

Reply #269519 | Report this post

Vesta 57  
Years ago

Yes, Borris and that would make me the rumour mill!

Reply #269530 | Report this post

wizzel08  
Years ago

I hear Kevin Smith has made it up to Mildura to play for them.

Reply #269860 | Report this post

Fan  
Years ago

Sack this incompetent coach! I don't know how he forged his credentials - but they have to be fake. His subs are unbelievable, the way he speaks to his players is disrespectful and what is positive about him, I personally haven't witnessed him praising his players only berating them - he need to go back to school and pick up his own chair by himself unaided and learn to speak to MEN.
He also needs to stop writing his own articles for the press to make him seem good (those who go to the games know how crap he is).
He also needs to remember it's the players kids idolize NOT THE COACH - backsides on seats - let the players get interviews and speak - he is as fake and stupid as a (use your imagination) - and too full of his own self importance.

Reply #283594 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754