KEVIN BROOKS
Years ago

INSIDE THE GAME: HOPS NBL TRIVIA COMPETITION

What up ballers? The man-in-charge has recently given me the ok to each week, put up the questions for our HOPS NBL TRIVIA COMPETITION!

But unfortunately due to some really nice vino courtesy of 'Shaw & Smith' at the Argentinian Bar & Grill yesterday, I forgot to put the questions up before airtime.

However, we do not have a winner yet! The first person to email us the correct answers win!

You can email your answers to us at [email protected] for your chance to win a free pair of HOPS FOOTWEAR!

The shoes will be mailed out to you free of charge and the winner will be announced on Twitter, our Facebook.com/insidethegametv page and our blog, www.insidethegametv.wordpress.com.

Here we go!

1) Who were Brisbane's first two imports with NBA experience? Give us their names, NBL teams & the year in which they played.

2) In 1998, Adelaide's two imports had NBA experience. In the early nineties, a Victorian team & also a team north of Victoria had a similar situation. Name the players, NBL teams & years!

3) Name the 'Five' NBL imports that were Top 20 NBA draft picks.

Good Luck ballers!

D.U.B.

Topic #22387 | Report this topic

bear  
Years ago

I don't think these are all correct but maybe I can help someone else ..

Question 1.

Adrian Branch for the Bullets in 1992, Played for Geelong in 93 with Vince Hinchen (which may also answer part 1 of question 2)

I think Kevin Freeman (2002-03) played NBA but I'm not sure if it was before his NBL time - maybe afterwards.

Steve Woodberry (1996-?2000) is another guess although I can't remember any NBA games for him ? just tryouts

Question 2.

This is a tough question because a lot of teams had one guy I know had NBA experience but the other import I'm not sure about

Adrian Branch (Definately) and Vince Hinchen (unsure)
Geelong Supercats 1993
Adonis Jordan (Definately) and Bruce Bolden (? Don't think so)
SE Melbourne Magic 1994
- same for Rob Rose (Definately) and Bolden in 1993
Doug Overton (Definately - although ? after NBL) and Melvin Thomas (?Don't think so)
Wollongong Hawks 1993

Chris Jent played with D Mac in the mid 90s- again D-Mac didn't play NBA

The only definate ex NBA combo I know are KB and Darnell in the 1998-00/01 Sixers- who could forget that!

Question 3.
KB 18th Pick 1991 - Milwaukee
Todd Litchi 15th Pick 1989 - Denver
Acie Earl -19th Pict 1993 - Celtics
Julius Hodge 20th Pick 2005 - Denver
Todd Fuller 11th Pick 1996 - GSW (Making Nelson Muntz laughing sound now)

I hope someone can fill in the gaps and win the HOPS - all mine have gone anyway so I don't deserve them.

Reply #268706 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Question 1 would have to include Winston Crite.

Reply #268711 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

Thanks Moses - I never saw Winston Crite play because he was a bit before my NBL following time but him and Branch may be the answer?

Reply #268714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG IVE MET KEVIN BROOKS!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Reply #268734 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

Thanks Anon,

your village is calling you back ....

Reply #268735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:14 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754