Sunday results

u/20 men
Pool 1
VIC def NZ 107-64
SA def WA 74-70

Pool 2
NSW def ACT 113-58
QLD def TAS 72-43

In pool 1 VIC looks alot stronger than its opponents and shouldn't have any problem winning the group undefeated. SA's win over WA should be able to put them into the second place in the group. however NZ could spring a surprise and make the group much closer for the second position

In Pool 2 NZ and QLD should easily be the top 2 and he match between them should determine who avoids a semi with VIC. ACT and TAS are just not up to the same level.

u/20 Women
WA def QLD 80-77
VIC def NSW 66-63
SA def TAS 117-43

Some close nail biting matches on the first day. WA survived a QLD comeback to win by 3 after being up by 15ish at the half. It is very difficult to pick the order of teams at this time with 2 matches as close as those. SA's win was one of pure dominance. TAS could not stand up to the pace of the game ad were completly blown away in all aspects. Tommorow should put a few questions to rest. Namely, how strong VIC actually is compared to some of the other teams?

Full stats on both SA matches in a minute

Topic #22392 | Report this topic

Pablo  
Years ago

U/20 Mens
SA def WA 74-70

SA U20 Men
FGA - 66
FGM - 27
FG% - 41.0%
3PA - 23
3PM - 7
3P% - 30.0%
FTA - 26
FTM - 13
FT% - 50%
OR - 13
DR - 21
TR - 34
PFS - 17
AS - 17
ST - 5
BL - 0
TO - 9
Pts - 74

WA U20 Men
FGA - 64
FGM - 28
FG% - 44.0%
3PA - 19
3PM - 6
3P% - 32.0%
FTA - 16
FTM - 8
FT% - 50%
OR - 14
DR - 24
TR - 38
PFS - 20
AS - 6
ST - 2
BL - 1
TO - 15
Pts - 70

For individual's stats go to
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=169882371&c=1-4101-0-102877-0&pool=1

For me it looks like the difference between the two was only the FT and turnovers
15 turnovers to 9 and an extra 5 points at the line pushed this victory towards SA

Reply #268730 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

Player of Match
Jan Warbout
7 of 13 FG at 54% of which only 1-5 from 3 point land
2-2 from the line
10 rebounds
4 assists
1 turnover

Reply #268731 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

U/20 Womens
SA Def TAS 117-43

SA U20 Women
2PA - 95
2PM - 45
2P% - 47%
3PA - 8
3PM - 3
3P% - 38%
PFS - 17
AS - 32
BL - 3
ST - 25
TO - 15
OR - 30
DR - 30
FTA - 27
FTM - 18
FT% - 66.7%
Pts - 117

TAS U20 Women
2PA - 38
2PM - 9
2P% - 24%
3PA - 20
3PM - 5
3P% - 25%
PFS - 20
AS - 11
BL - 5
ST - 4
TO - 43
OR - 7
DR - 26
FTA - 17
FTM - 10
FT% - 58.8%
Pts - 43

Tasmania were completly demolished in this match. 43 turnover just tells the story, no team no matter how good can win a match commiting 43 turnovers. Not to take anything away from SA, they played very well as a cohesive team today.

Reply #268732 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

For individual stats

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=169882482&c=1-4101-0-102876-0&pool=1

Player of match
This could go to any of 3-4 players
Today its Emma Hooley
17 points at 57%, 10 rebounds and 2 assists

Others worth a mention
Georgia Minear - 22 points, 6 steals, 3 assists
Cara Boothey - 9 points, 4 steals, 6 assists, 7 rebounds

Reply #268733 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Best part of the mens game was how they came home with a 12 point run after they subbe the 5 sturt kids onto the court.

Reply #268738 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

hehe...

You stirt gusys sticking together...

Reply #268739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well what did the 5 sturt boys do for the first 3/4 of the game ( they were all on the court at some stage during the first 3/4) i was there too last night and saw the soo called best point guard turn the ball over and missed just as many shots as others

the only good thing about the game was the never say die attitude from all the boys

Reply #268750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

baha, cannot believe someone bit at that!

Reply #268752 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

:)

Reply #268756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the first 34 minutes they weren't on together and they were part of combinations of players that didn't work well consistently. When they played together for the first time (I think!) with about 6 minutes to go, it was the first combination of players that worked all night, especially on defense. As for the "point guard" he didn't play any point guard at all last night from what I saw. It looked like he played as more of a scorer and he didn't look like he was completely comfortable away from his natural position. He still top scored, albeit as you correctly point out with too many misses and turnovers, but he played great defense on their star AIS point guard and even their center at the end who was is also at the AIS (I think!). Whenever someone needed to be shut down he was switched on to them and they went quiet. I agree wholeheartedly with the never-say-die-attitude, they found a way to win even when they didn't play well. They'll have to be better today against the Vics and I'm sure they will.

Reply #268757 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

U20 Women
SA 92 d NZ 50

Nicole Seekamp 20 pts @ 80%; 5 assists

Another good result. Queensland tonight will be a bit tougher.

Reply #268758 | Report this post

Pablo  
Years ago

Another good performance. Confidence will be high and legs fresh. Girls are in a very good position. Will throw in some analysis tonight. Also ill make a table, as the website is very poor this year

Reply #268760 | Report this post

yyy  
Years ago

This is a STATE based comp not a club comp, If the state coach is good enough he will be able to make any combo work and as for you Dirty sturty it simple comments like yours that make the sturt club look like w..kers, all of the boys have trained hard and all are there for a reason and of corse the more court time you get the more chance you have....in stead of beating your own drum get behind the TEAM and encourage all of them as a TEAM...... REMBER THE SA TEAM IS A STATE TEAM not a STURT team.....now thats said LETS GO SA and KICK A VIC......

Reply #268781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dirty Sturty you're not Liam Flynn are you.

Nice Facebook status from a State Coach and 36ers Assistant.

No other state would allow a state coach to make a public comment like that.

Reply #268782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yyy, settle down, I think the anon was being very "tongue in cheek".

Reply #268783 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Liam doesn't have time to come to fourms such as these..nor do facebook...

Not when your the assistant coach of a NBL cl.....ohh hang on...Yeah maybe he does have time...

;)

Now back to the 20's championship...

Good to see the SA Guys kickin it, still early days, but wins are wins and you need them early in competitions like these...

Reply #268785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yyy - you need to take a pill! Pretty sure it was fairly tounge-in-cheek - at least the Sturt w..kers seem to have a sense of humour...

Reply #268814 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

SA boys went down to Vic by 12 tonight. Down by 14 at the half most had written them off, but they fought back very hard, to 4 points midway through the 4th but couldnt capitalise on the momentum. As much as some people will rip me for saying it, the team did seem to flow better when the 5 sturt kids were on the floor, cutting the defecit well. This is to be expected as these boys do play and train together regularly. The 'point guard' (not sure why we dont use names) you speak of played a crucial role in cutting the lead, but a few easy misses at the rim, and bad fouls cost them dearly. If they were to meet again, i believe it would be more of a contest than it was, as long as the SA boys bring their A game they are good enough to take out the Vics.

Reply #268879 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Cheers Detroit, I wish I was there, but for some reason I need income and am unable to get time off..

Nice write up and if you get a chance, keep it coming...

Not sure if Boti is going to give it any paper space, might not today with yesterdays announcements...

Reply #268883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny you say Sturt boys started getting the game back but not what I seen. They were not that far down when the head coach was told by another sturt coach that was just there watching the game at half time to put on the sturt boys. Think people are getting the words State and Sturt mixed up maybe cause they both starts with the letter S. Maybe you say they play better together cause they train together more maybe SA should just enter the club teams that win State Champs then????

Reply #268918 | Report this post

Some Sabre  
Years ago

:):):):):)

So easy to get a bight isn't it.

Reply #268921 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

vic played poo but still dominated the SA's. SA not looking strong i think they will lose to NZ. Game againest WA was lucky. SA's team is looking soft as butter. Look lets stop riding the SA train casue its heading straight to the 7th and 8th play of game. we should change the website name it vichoops.com and start backing a team who might actually win.
:D

Reply #268929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

918, stop lying to further your agenda, whatever that is. Tony would listen to two coaches during the game. His assistant coach and the State Coaching Director, his boss, who might say something to him at half time. I think your delusional if you believe otherwise.

Reply #268930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think a club based team are going to beat the Vics you are kidding yourselves
The Vics have a coach who can get the best players from many clubs and mould them into a winning team Where SA has a lot of favouritism in their team, no offence to the other 5 players on the team but i think they are there to make up the numbers
The SA team is all about one club and your coach doesnt seem to know how to rotate and relys on a couple of players which if you look at their shot % its not that flash
GO the VICS

Reply #268935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey 930 dont call poeple stuff unless you were there at half time then cause I know I was. Dont comment unless you heard it and you were there. Think things might have hit home to get a reply like that.........

Reply #268937 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

It's good that people can get on here and support the boys. Way to go hoopsters. Can we all look past club agendas and actually throw out some words of encouragement for all the players, no matter what club they play for in Adelaide?

To be 1-1 after playing WA and VIC isn't too bad. A huge game coming up tonight against NZ, and we really need to win to avoid the NSW/QLD quarter final matchup.

Go SA!!!!

Reply #268943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

918 yes I was there as well. Name names put up or shut up!

Reply #268944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you should know the name you seem to know better. You say that it didnt happen so what are you worried about.....And by the way I never said two coach in the first place you did........
Goodluck to SA hope that they do well on home ground.

Reply #268948 | Report this post

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

Can we all look past club agendas

Sorry hustle, but stretch goals need to be achievable.... :)

Go Reds!

Reply #268950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Women def Vic by 19
Should make gold game after today's performance

Reply #268958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched game and thought Vic coach played into SA hands. Girl from Victoria (MG)was keeping them in game and shutting down SA scorer then suddenly had a big stretch on bench. Also Victoria seemed to struggle for tall players to have impact which is unusual.

Reply #268977 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I think that is great by the SA Girls...

Certainly the chitter chatter about Vic girls sounds about right...

Will be keen to see what NSW are able to produce, I really think their program has improved out of sight in the last 24 months...

Reply #268982 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

SA boys took care of NZ tonight by about 30 or so. Some good and bad stuff from tonights game.

NZ hung with the boys for the first quater, until SA switched to running fast break offences off rebounds and inbounds, and full court presses which NZ just couldnt seem to get through. SA does seem to get momentum going when they run the fast break well, which is what Vic stopped last night, and could be the key to any team stopping the SA boys. The rotations seemed to be a bit smarter and proactive tonight, which is something that was lacking last night.

The Good:
Very good hand-up, shot defence with NZ shooting at 1/15 3pts and around 25% from the field. The silly fouls from last night were non-existant tonight.
Tom Daly, was just superb.
Full court press was tough, any team would have struggled to get through it easily.
Good ball movement looking for the extra pass.

The Bad:
40% from the field (i know im being tough but to beat the vics 50%+ is where they will need to be)
9/29 3pt (again maybe a bit tough, but 12/29 plus the higher inside% would have been enough to push them over the Vics last night)
Warbout and Brine need to be a more dominant presence inside, the NZ big really took care of Warbout in the first half, running some easy pick and rolls which Warbout seemed to get lost on, and play with hands not body. Brine needs to finish better, he works very hard at getting to his spots and getting the ball, but doesnt have that shine at the rim.

All in all the SA boys have the talent, and determination to beat every team in the comp, but still need to work hard on their help D, and need to keep looking for that extra pass on the 3. They will need to bring their A+ game, and maybe just a touch of lady luck to take out the Vics.

I definatley recommend anybody who has some spare time later in the week to get out and check all of these teams, as they ARE the future of basketball in this country.

Todays play of the day (from what i saw)-
Jackson Aldridge 1/2 court pass to Mitch Creek for a ridiculous ally oop, simply awesome!!

Reply #268998 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

"Todays play of the day (from what i saw)-
Jackson Aldridge 1/2 court pass to Mitch Creek for a ridiculous ally oop, simply awesome!!"

Was this during a game as these guys play for NSW and VIC respectively - they are not on the same team!

Reply #269007 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jackson Aldridge 1/2 court pass to Mitch Creek for a ridiculous ally oop, simply awesome!!"

Was this during a game as these guys play for NSW and VIC respectively - they are not on the same team!

Reply #269008 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #269009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have to be the weakest pool of girls for ten years

Reply #269011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly the weakest womens Vic team I have seen for a long time

Reply #269025 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Oops, my bad LC, thats what happens when you post past midnight....

Should have said, Josh Wilcher to Mitch Creek!

But now that i think about it, they are both number 4 and do look pretty similar!

Reply #269031 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

LOL! No worries.

Don't forget that the Vic women are missing both Elizabeth Cambage and Rachel Jarry...put them both in the squad and they win every game by 20+ points.

Reply #269034 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

From what Ive heard, SA girls playing as a real team.
SA Boys will need to put TEAM first before TIME...or it will cost them!!! Read the bit about 'sturt crap' but if true, coach will have to be stronger and re-enforce TEAM, instead of players competing against each other..........HELLO

Reply #269037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not true, don't believe everything you hear or read, especially on the internet. They are a very tight group and have been together for a long time and want to go one better than two years ago at Under 18s.

Reply #269039 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Ahh that's the problem with the internet...too many keyboard warriors...

I think the SA Men can rally and get into a decent medal position...If you have made it high enough to get a state gig there is a fair amount of arrogance built in to not listen to anyone else bar the ppl in the know close enough to you...

Reply #269041 | Report this post

queen adelaide  
Years ago

some reality here - let me just set some facts to you all:

* vic population is roughly 4 million

* sa population is 1 million

if vic isn't the better state - why not - they should be. I do myself believe vic is the bigger stronger state in all sports not just basketball. but my goodness with four times the population so it should be. The SA boys will certainly give them a run for their money.

for you to consider

frankston junior assoc 15 thousand junior players
dandenong same
nunawading same
knox same

do you get my message.

where it sits at the moment SA are a very good chance to make the finals like it was 2 years ago in ballarat. why doesn't everyone see the upside?

Reply #269105 | Report this post

queen adelaide  
Years ago

also by the way - go sa girls. what a brilliant job you are doing. And lets hope you may get some credit somewhere sometime!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way is there ANY CHANCE the adelaide papers may report at least once or more often on the state championships on at gawler at the moment............

there is a huge tournament on in gawler. would anyone in sa know.....................i dont think so.

NO....wake up!

get with the progranme - its embarrassing..........................

Reply #269112 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

go the gravy train

Reply #269114 | Report this post

queen adelaide  
Years ago

whats the gravy train

Reply #269115 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

SA girls took out NSW girls tonight by about 25. The girls really turned it on in the second quater and blew the game apart, NSW did well to not give up any give too many more points after that but the damage was done. The SA girls would have to be considered strong gold medal favourites with only Vic who have a realistic chance of beating them.

Reply #269117 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

PPDO...get much lead?

Go the SA girls..Hope they get the gold...Will be a good game against the Vic's...

Reply #269121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to really reconsider this tournament its way past its use by date

Reply #269139 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Great reporting in the advertiser..............NOT..........then again dont reckon relatives playing?

Reply #269182 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Can someone tell me how to log into live stats for mens finals??? Im on BA website but apart from draw and box score wont take me to Live Stats?

Reply #269198 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Anon, I clicked on Live Stats a few minutes ago and there was a list of all the games (except the Men's game V Tas that started at 3pm) but now there's nothing there. Dunno what's happened. They were there.

Reply #269206 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Vic men smashed ACT men in qualifying final stage. Anthony Drmic recorded a rare triple-double of 22 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists. He was also just 3 steals short of a quadruple-double!
Only 3 Victorian players failed to notch up double-digit scoring in the 120-39 win.

Semi finals games today are as follows:

SA vs NSW (5:00pm)
VIC vs QLD (7:00pm)

Could be a mouth-watering SA vs VIC final.

Reply #269273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live stats has been p*ss poor all week.

Reply #269274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was he really 3 steals of a quad double LC? is he playing well this week?

Reply #269317 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

queen adelaide.
Frankston has perhaps 6500 registered players ALL up
Knox has perhaps 10k - that is their claim so would be high
Dandenong had perhaps 6k
nunawding smaller than dandenong.

not sure where you are making your figures up from but no one quotes any association in australia at more than 10,000 players.... and they are the boasters from those associations.

Sydney's biggest runs like 4k, Perths maybe 3k, Qld maybe .... 2.5k

SA is such a different structure so you cannot compare apples with apples. Having said this in my view SA has always had a much better development stucture.

Reply #269347 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep - Drmic just 3 steals short of quadruple-double as I stated.

Vic men thrashed QLD Men, whilst SA men accounted for NSW men to set up the big showdown!

U20 Men Final = VIC vs SA

Vics being led strongly by Mitch Creek, Chris Patton, Drmic and Josh Wilcher in particular...but they have a very deep lineup.

Reply #269367 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

SA Boys over NSW by 7.
Bond has best for SA with 7 three's, with a huge corner fadeaway that was ridiculous!
Maynard and Spehr once again played a shutdown game on Cadee.

Vic Boys over Qld in a tough hard fought game, but Vic held out Qld by about 20.

SA women over WA women, in a very tight game, pretty well neck to neck for the hole game, with SA holding out WA. SA played average at best, and if they play like that tomorrow they wont bring home the gold.

So as the finals look;

SA v VIC Men
SA v VIC Women

My predictions,

VIC Men
VIC Women

Reply #269369 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

when are the finals? how much does it cost to watch?

Reply #269380 | Report this post

enjoythegame  
Years ago

Wish both SA teams the best of luck.......

Reply #269386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great achievement for SA!

Reply #269388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gold to SA by 27 points - well done girls

Reply #269410 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Guys?

Reply #269411 | Report this post

man of the moment  
Years ago

Sa lost by 3 after being up by 13 at 3 quarter time, scored only 8 points in the last. wilcher dominated with 33 points

Reply #269412 | Report this post

helium  
Years ago

Is it true that Scotty gave them a 3/4 pep talk?

Reply #269413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol

Reply #269414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top state overall based on %points for v points against ?!?!

Reply #269415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bet if they played the sturt kids more together they would have actually held onto their lead. They were up very big early. Just a lack of communication to allow wilcher to get off like he did. When will people learn? Play the kids that get the job done - the sturt kids!

Reply #269418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a helpful comment. They all played their hearts out and are devastated. A little compassion please. I'm a sturt person and that's not only incorrect but in poor taste.

Reply #269420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone there able to explain what happened? How SA got out to the early lead and how VIC got it back?

Reply #269422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe the foul count helped with 3 vic umpires 22 to 9

Reply #269423 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Vic umpires can't be any more biased than the MARs ones

Reply #269424 | Report this post

utool  
Years ago

Anonymous (269418) Why would you say crap like that (where you there) The boys did thier best... Just the type of comment you would here from a tool who has no idea.............

Reply #269430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't 3 Vic refs btw! Get your facts right before you comment!

Reply #269436 | Report this post

callisto87  
Years ago

I agree with Jack. MARS refs are terribly biased...against the home team.

Reply #269437 | Report this post

utool  
Years ago

2 vics 1 nsw refs

Reply #269445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe wilch creek and drmic just flipped the switch and decieded to dominate?

Reply #269461 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Anon, I don't even believe you are a Sturt person with a stupid comment like that.Yes he is a tool. Unfortunately momentum in sport is a hard thing to stop. Well done to the boys for nearly getting there. Silver is still fantastic.

Reply #269464 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Yeah I agree, sure the guys are pissed, but they still have silver...

Reply #269471 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

For both SA teams to make GF a real credit. What is disconcerting is how many sa kids have missed out on AIS or development chances all because Mr G didnt take off the blinkers. Some of the VIC girls performance didnt prove AIS is worthwhile or beneficial.......Guess it proves AIS not what its cracked up to be???

Reply #269476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ireland went to the AIS which says it all really

Reply #269482 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What are you saying really!! You have no idea!!
Maybe some previous comments are just green eyes.Obviously their kids missed out and are trying to justify it.I would like to see parents keep it real and stop bagging the kids that got there(AIS). These kids and the previous couple years of kids are the furture of OZ basketball and need our support, their era will play a big part in future worlds and olympics. Players that are not part of the current or previous group of AIS will obviously not be exclude as kids peak at different times. So parents/friends dont stress if yr kid is not there as yet cause there is still time toi make these sides and also dont bag the kids that are there. They are doing their best qand didnt pick themselves!! They are good players!!

Reply #269492 | Report this post

VicTOR  
Years ago

AIs ..are they the best?...not sure how you all feelin SA but from across the border a lot laugh at the selections and AIS selection is just a continuation of the whole state team philosophy.Whist there is club coaches and family connections involved I am sure there will always be perceived bias.The system will always remain due tto the fact you cant complain when in the system and once out of it you will ne looked upon as a whinging parent.The vic system will NEVER change as the answer is always the same...IT must be the best system ,we still win everyting
In a way the only people supporting a vic team are the people in it

Reply #269515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think any kid from any state that gets a chance at the AIS goodluck to them and all the best. A chance that any kids would die for.

Reply #269516 | Report this post

super coach  
Years ago

a timeout with say six minutes to go when vic got it back to ten points and a point guard had lost the plot would have been better than waiting till they had it back to four points with four minutes to go!!!

Reply #269533 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wasnt at the game but watching the live stats.......thought maybe an SA change was needed as players may have been tired? Rotations seemed to stop?

Reply #269543 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Nicole Seekamp - Tournament MVP.

ONYA Noodle!

Reply #269546 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Men's & women's MVP's as follows:

R.E Staunton Award for U20 Women - Nicole Seekamp
R.E Staunton Award for U20 Men – Corey Maynard

Well done to both!

Reply #269549 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Nice to see the SA boys get some recognition in "The Advertiser"..........NOT

Congratulations to Corey Maynard on MVP.

Reply #269554 | Report this post

aa  
Years ago

SA men would have a chance to stop the VIC onslought in the last qtr if their "coach" was to call a timeout to slow the tempo down a little bit and try to get their heads back into the game

Reply #269574 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

ANON: I was a little disappointed at the over-all coverage in the print media for the championship.

Even the BA site was short of articles...

Obviously no one is interested in following it..

Reply #269576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was watching Live Stats and kept thinking, when is he going to call a time out?, eventually came a bit late IMO. Still a overall good coaching job for the week and proved many pundits wrong.

The girls were awesome and mentally unbreakable.

Congrats to the SA teams, players, support staff and coaches.

Reply #269577 | Report this post

QLD Watcher  
Years ago

SA Men should never have lost that game, but hey take your hats off for the Vic boys they never gave up or lost faith in one another and as for the performance of the little fella with number 4 on his back that scored 33 points he was the difference between them winning or losing a Gold Medal. Goes to show the AIS doesn't select the "best" players. It comes down to who you are and how tall you are.

Reply #269578 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Or maybe how good you will be at "international level" relevent to Junior World Championships and those players comparitively able to play in those tournaments.

But keep bitching, I'm suer it makes you feel better to be ignorant.

Reply #269582 | Report this post

QLD Watcher  
Years ago

How sad when people assume that an opinion means that you are "bitching". Obviously observations at a National Tournament hit a nerve with some people. Do you mean to say, that every boy or girl at the Under 20 Nationals, who did not have AIS selection, would be unable to compete at an international level? Very big call Really!!!

Reply #269583 | Report this post

SA Watcher  
Years ago

Really: Shame on you, we all know how hard it is for selectors to pick between some players and there is not a lot of difference between some. Some that are picked are picked over U19 players as with the girls currently at the AIS who are predominately in the U17 group, all good players but just as good players have missed out.

Shame Vic Womens coach did not fight to the end gave up after third quarter and had starting five sitting on bench for the last quarter. Unlike her counterpart Vic Men who never gave up, was very embarrassing to watch. Team was completely coached out of the game.

GO SA!!

Reply #269590 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

What I am saying is, that some of the kids who do get selected aren't able to compete at international level.

But, those selecting players have vast international experience. And I am suggesting that you have none. And as such your opinion regarding relative player ability, as you have never seen them train against each other, nor their improvment based on feedback in relation to international needs means you are delusional to think you know better.

Reply #269593 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

I couldn't watch the Mens final, but sounds like it was a good match.

In the women there were a few key points to the win.
Shooting at 48% throughout the match
Pressure defence
Transistion

Every player played a good game. Mentions must go to
Nicole Seekamp - Great week, capped off with a great all-around final
Georgia Minear - Was consistently in the right positions, drawing players out of position and finsishing the good team work
Kelsey Ireland - Had her best match of the tournament, showed the leadership oncourt.
Cara Boothey - Completely cut Kunek out of the game, almost to the point that her own team seemed to not want to pass her the ball.

Reply #269632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way to back track Really...... You wouldn't have a clue!!

Reply #269650 | Report this post

versa16  
Years ago

It sounds like Really is one of them people whose nose is firmly planted up some ones behind to possibly get their kid in the know. God, got to love them!

Reply #269663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:46 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754