Isaac
Years ago

What if Farley makes the NBA?

How real is the chance of Farley making the NBA and not coming back to Adelaide?

Is he playing in the Summer League for general fitness and experience, or is it a valid attempt at making the NBA?

Matt Nielsen is doing OK with the Nuggets and players of his size are hardly uncommon these days. Farley's not exactly a slouch though. I wonder how much difference there is between the SoCal league and the Reebok league Nielsen is in, because Nielsen made the Nuggets' news with 12 points, but Farley just had 22, 11 and 5.

Farley was the contingency plan for Cattalini leaving, but does there need to be a contingency plan for Farley leaving before he gets here?

You don't want to wish bad luck upon him, but you want him to be almost good enough for the NBA, but not quite!

Topic #224 | Report this topic

Seb007  
Years ago

He did this last time he played with the Sixers too. I think that he's just gaining fitness ready for the season with the Sixers.

Reply #1576 | Report this post

Ozzie  
Years ago

Rashad Tucker on stand by hopefully......

Reply #1580 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I think you'll find that Farley won't make it to the NBA. The Player Rosters that the summer league has are rather weak in comparison to the Regular season.

He'll be here tearing it up soon!

Willie will have a bag or 2

Reply #1588 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Who would know how the minds of some NBA teams work..it is all about right place right time as Mr Stephen "i am not good enough to be a Sydney Kig but am good enough for a 50 mill NBA contract " Jackson have shown.

Being in front of the right people will only help his campaign to be in the NBA.

Reply #1606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The nba draft is finished with so get or facts right , so Farley will not make the NBA

(Mod: What's this about facts, eh?)

Reply #1613 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I didn't think that the draft was the only way of making it into the NBA?

Reply #1617 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Does anyone know the details of his contract with the sixers? Hopefully they have done away with that "outclause" they used in the past that saw Paul Rogers go just before the start of last season and once again now with Cattalini. If Farley is tightly bound by a contract to play for the Sixers, I would hope that he would honour that contract.

Reply #1631 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I think 1 thing working against farley would be his age, as isn't he around 28 now, so i reckon that would be a bit old for a NBA rookie

Reply #1648 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I seem to recall reading somewhere Phil Smyth saying that wont be giving any more "out" clauses.

I could be quite wrong on this, just a vague recollection.

Reply #1649 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

A player can be signed from anywhere at anytime by any club during the pre-season. As long as the club is under the salary cap. If the player isn't required their contract can be waived anytime before the regular season. During the regular season any player can be signed to a 10 day contract. A club can sign that player to a 2nd 10dayer. If they require their services after that time they are required to be signed for the remainder of the season on the minumum salary.

The cronicles of j bags.

Reply #1656 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Farley is 29, turns 30 next month.

22nd to be precise.

And I am sure nearly all players these days have an out clause of some description for 'NBA/Euro/Better offers'

They would be stupid not to have these clauses.

Cheers, DJ

Reply #1756 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:17 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754