Jack Toft
Years ago

NH: AC/DC - who went, what was it like?

The wowsers of North Adelaide tried to stop it, but 43,000 people went to it.

Who went?
What was it like?

Topic #22447 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

good american rock band

Reply #269690 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

American????

Reply #269694 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Went in Sydney. Was very good but for some reason they didn't play 'long way to the shop' or 'thunderstruck'.

Apparently Angus young leaves the stage temporarily to inhale pure oxygen so he can keep going during the show.

Reply #269701 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I could hear it quite clearly from Collinswood, about 4 km away and up hill.

Reply #269711 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

What.....no thuderstruck? I didn't go but would have been disappointed not to hear that if I'd gone.

Reply #269717 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

I went, great show, they played thunderstruck here, Angus Young is incrediable, they played a 20 minute instrumental which was insane

Reply #269721 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

I live in North Adelaide. Even with the doors and windows shut I could hear it clearly.

Didnt mind though, something different for a Tuesday night!

Reply #269722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah played thunderstruck but dont think brian johnson can hit the notes for long way to the top anymore. it was bon's song anyway. prolly better they didnt play it. Amazing show though.

Reply #269730 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Brian has NEVER sung 'It's a long way to the top' out of respect to Bon Scott. In fact the song was only ever performed once after 1976 (when fans destroyed Bons bagpipes during a concert) It was played again in 1979 using a synthesiser for the pipes, but Bon died a few weeks later.

Thunderstruck was about the 7th song they played last night. Best outdoor gig I have ever been too.

Reply #269735 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Now Skip, why am an not suprised you went....

Anyone who plays "Thumderstruck" everyone home game must be a fan - it's a bloody good song

Reply #269745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was good, but it was no U2.

Reply #269747 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

U2 in 2006 was one of the dullest things I have ever attended and I was right up by the front of the stage.

Reply #269773 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Yeah, the U2 concert in Adelaide was dull. I saw them on that tour in Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne and while the shows were awesome in Sydney and Melbourne, the Adelaide show was ho-hum. The crowd certainly lacked energy in Adelaide.

Reply #269784 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Was fantastic, Adelaide oval organisers were a joke, took for ever to get in

Reply #269801 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

LOL @ U2 !

Reply #269824 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Forget AC/DC saw the Brian Jonestown massacre at fowlers, now that was a great gig.

Reply #269933 | Report this post

yyfrd  
Years ago

Reply #269935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i walked straight in. took me and my mate bout 5 mins from first gate to our spot 20 metres from the from and we bought a t shirt and didnt even get there till 530.

Reply #269955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754