Quagmire
Years ago

Westbrook = GUN.

Can't help but notice the play of Russel Westbrook and wonder if the Thunder are capable of managing the payroll to accomodate both he and superstar Durant. I think Hardin will be a keeper, which leaves Green as the chip to be played.

Westbrook just might be the best pg in the league this year.

Topic #22453 | Report this topic

illicit  
Years ago

if they can keep them all together the thunder will be beastin in a few seasons time, they are my favourite team to watch. if only their uniforms werent soooo ugly lol

Reply #269736 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Very good player yes. The best PG no way! You always watch one game and get very excited :P

Reply #269737 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Easy there Quagmire...very good youg player yes, best PG in the league? Well that's just getting carried away...

Reply #269759 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Ok so your all quick to say no way, so lets hear who is better?

I'm a huge Williams fan but his game appears to have hit its peak, still an awesome peak but Westbrook can elevate above it in defence.

Look, he's not the best at the mo, but he would be the first picked by a GM in an open draft for that position.

Ahead of Rose and the rest.

Reply #269761 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I'm a HUGE fan, but he still has serious flaws. His shooting is not good at all, some games, when he drives more, are high percentage, but when he shoots jumpers, then expect a 35% shooting day. He is also extremely turnover prone, though to his credit lately, that is coming down...but this problem is more to do with his inexperience and youth, it will become better in time.

If i was a GM in an open draft, I would still take CP3 and D-Will ahead of him, but he is fast catching up. IMO, 3rd in an open draft scenario, but probably lower than that in overall PG ratings.

Reply #269767 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

He is certainly a PG with alot of potential. He has unbelievable explosiveness, finishes strongly with a variety of moves and makes good offensive reads. If he could improve his shooting percentage, limit turnovers and continue to develop his defense, then he will mould nicely into a versatile PG ala CP3

I have jumped on the Thunder bandwagon too btw! I just love seeing a young team play so well, especially with a roster that wasn't exactly amazing. They are playing above themselves..I love it!

Reply #269768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arenas = GUNS

Reply #269772 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

"Westbrook just might be the best pg in the league this year" - that's what you said, not the open draft scenario, and in that case - heeeeeeeeeeeeeell no. In the last 2 weeks? Maybe.

I LOVE Westbrook but have to agree with everyone else.

CP3, Deron, Rondo, Rose all go ahead of him - not to mention Tyreke Evans and MAYBE even Steph Curry, although I'd take Westbrook ahead of him, its still worthy of a thought.

Reply #269793 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

In an open draft Westbrook struggles to crack the top 5 for PG.

For me

CP3
D-Will
Rose
Rondo
old man Steve Nash

If my franchise is in a 'win now' mode, then I'd probably take Billups over Westbrook.

Reply #269795 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

If it's win now mode Nash definately goes above him, so does Billups, and in my opinion, so does J-Kidd.

Reply #269797 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Not sure that shooting is such a big thing for a point man. Parker survives, as does Rondo. I think the person making the play through screen and rolls or pure penetration (LOL) doesn't really need to be a pure shooter as well. Leave that for the players on the wing who are left by help defenders...

Reply #269815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id Have (draft situation but forgetting age.):

CP3
Nash
Rose
Billups
D-Will
Westbrook
Rondo
Kidd
Evans
Parker
Curry

Reply #269836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754