muddybanks
Years ago

Associate and full SASI Scholarships

Can anyone explain what the difference is between associate and full scholarship at SASI? Rumour, and that's all it is, rumour, has a full scholarship holder missing selection in the U18's state team.
If that is fact then full scholarship does not equate to superior talent and ability and must have to do with other factors so if anyone knows the criteria please post it.

Topic #22471 | Report this topic

random  
Years ago

full scholarship means if your still involved in SASI at top age 18's and have put up with all of the crap from parents,coaches and the politics that go with it all, you fully deserve a full scholarship.hasnt got a damn thing to do with talent.

Reply #269950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is the metro side naming their players? I believe the players already know, so when is it being posted on the website.

Reply #269953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're talking about a girl scholarship holder, then yes she did miss out, no rumour there. The question is whether NG assits with the selection or does he not have much to say?

Reply #269954 | Report this post

manny  
Years ago

I believe you receive a full scholarship determined on the work you do with the gym work outs and improvement over the year not so much how good you are.
But i am not sure thats my opinion

Reply #269956 | Report this post

Billy the Kid  
Years ago

It is a little unusual for a full scholarship holder to miss out but not unexpected. This year you only had to be the "last girl standing" to receive a full scholarship, with a number of talented girls dropping out during the year.

The whole program needs a clean out and overhaul, the sooner, the better.

Reply #270180 | Report this post

Billy the Kid  
Years ago

It is a little unusual for a full scholarship holder to miss out but not unexpected. This year you only had to be the "last girl standing" to receive a full scholarship, with a number of talented girls dropping out during the year.

The whole program needs a clean out and overhaul, the sooner, the better.

Reply #270181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billy the kid, There were no talented girls who dropped out but there were girls who were dropped last year that should have been retained

Reply #270268 | Report this post

Billy the Kid  
Years ago

Some of the girls that where dropped where defiantly talented; however I still maintain that some that dropped out along the way where just as talented.

You say, I say, so what!

The fact is that they are not there now.

Reply #270385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a parent of one "the last girls standing", I take offence to that remark. My daughter works hard and deserves her full scholarship.

Reply #270418 | Report this post

Billy the Kid  
Years ago

Well if your daughter is one of the last girls standing and does have a full scholarship, then unless you are the unlucky one that missed out (and my mail is that only 1 missed out), then your daughter has obviously made state and is worthy of selection. Anything other than that then, sorry they handed them out like lolly's this year.

And if your circumstances are not as I have just mentioned above then someone on here is stretching the truth a little.

To play state is a great honor that deserves recognition. So deep breath, suck it up and support your daughter like you have obviously been doing and try not reading crap like this:)

Reply #270487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, has SASI lost its place in or system? with many of the better kids saying no thanks!

Reply #270501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the better kids, I'm assuming those that make the AIS and State teams?

Sorry, my mistake, those kids are staying in SASI. You must mean those kids who don't want to work hard or listen to instruction!

Reply #270504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These (Better kids) would get the same instruction and more personnel attention training with their ABL teams/coaches at their own club. Let's be honest, Thursday night is a glorified shooting session with little instruction & a lot of coaches doing very little other than chatting with each other about last week’s game or the cricket score!

Scrap it or re-work the program with some incentive to commit and put up with abuse.

Reply #270519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure that all ABA coaches are followig the AIS and NITCP guidelines for player development. Especially with the amount of Zone Defense goin on around the place. NOT.

Reply #270520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA are currently doing a High Performance reveiw that will no doubt see a change.
Program is Ok, delivery the problem

Reply #270527 | Report this post

Billy the Kid  
Years ago

Yes of course Anon, any kid that has left the program or has been cut has quite obviously been lazy and not prepared to work. Those lazy good for nothing 14-16 years olds!

Take off your glasses. The rose tint you have in them is clouding your outlook on the program; or perhaps your child has not been in the program long enough for you or them to work out the system.

The system, IMO, has the makings of a great program; unfortunately the execution of the program has been going backwards for a number of seasons. No matter if you have a high achiever or an average Jane or Joe, you would have to see that the program has ONE or maybe two key elements stopping it from being a program of excellence..

Reply #270758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what are those elements Billy the Kid? If you want to have a decent discussion, be specific and clear.

Reply #270781 | Report this post

Billy the Kid  
Years ago

Be specific & clear? Do you want names? Do you want my name, address and telephone number as well?

Look up any past SASI threads. The same themes are on every thread. No way am I going to be specific on here; hopefully the high performance review will do that.

Providing the organisation that initiated it bothers to even read it.

Reply #270866 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754