liberals promise netball sa 1.6 mill

news tonight reports this - if I was exec for BSA i'd be on the phone to my pollies finding out what they promise BSA ! - or will we just roll over yet again.

i love basketball so much i would vote for any party (within reason) if they supported BSA.

ok so it is vote getting by the parties - but it is support at a governemnt level - that will provide employment and modifications / updates to the sport.

unless tyou still want to be playing in marion, hillcrest and port stadiums in 50 years...

Topic #22473 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Cringed when I saw this on the news. Our "chief basketball enue" is in the hands of receivers and netball gets $1.6 million. Go crawling to the libs, get a small amount of cash (perhaps the same), let's keep our Dome cake and eat the City Stadium too. It's a no brainer, folks.

Reply #269974 | Report this post

Years ago

gotta get off our duff and find out what they can promise.

i'll spew if we roll over with at least not canvassing the parties what they can offer.

new facilities provide a community focus, profile, employment and pride

Reply #269975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would seriously consider voting for One Nation if they offered millions to BSA....

....okay maybe not quite :P

Reply #270021 | Report this post

Moder Girl  
Years ago

It would seem there is plenty of cash for AFL; Soccer; netball & cricket; however Basketball is the poor cousin once again.
The reason?

The original poster may have alluded to the problem by saying "if I was exec for BSA i'd be on the phone to my pollies finding out what they promise BSA"

The lights may be on but there aint no one home.

Reply #270489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can flog a dead horse but don't expect speed. Basketball is not a major sport and probably never will be because the infrastructure is so expensive and there is no career path especially for women. Netball is the sport of choice for female athletes and basketball for the heavier variety of women.

Reply #270493 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754