COOPZ
Years ago

Rodney Stuckey collapses during a game

Forgive me if this has been posted already, i have been out of the loop for a few weeks...

I saw on the NBA game today that the pistons and cavs were praying for Rodney Stuckey's recovery, prior to their game today. I wasn't sure what had happened, but after a google search, it seems he collapsed in the 3rd quarter of his game the other day, but is now in a stable condition, hope he recovers soon:

Stuckey was wheeled off the court on a stretcher during the third quarter after he collapsed into the arms of trainer Arnie Kander on the bench during the game against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"He came over and told Arnie he was feeling dizzy," Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva said. "He drank some water and the next thing you know, he passed out. It's very scary. One minute, you think everything is okay, then the next second, it turns around so quick."

Medical personnel rushed to the bench with a stretcher. Play was halted for 12 minutes as medical staff worked on Stuckey, placed an oxygen mask on his face and wheeled him into an ambulance.

Stuckey was conscious and breathing on his own as he was taken to a hospital after collapsing on the Pistons' bench Friday night.

The Pistons said Stuckey was taken to the Cleveland Clinic and his vital signs were stable, but he was going for further testing.

"He is stable and that is good news," Pistons coach John Kuester said. "I think he is going to be okay."

Topic #22475 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

I read this too - hope he is OK.

Reply #269987 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

On realgm now, he is out of hospital and test came back ok. So who knows, wonder if they will test for diabetes. Either way it was pretty scary.

Reply #270006 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The game was on television also making it more scary.
I hope the man is ok.

Reply #270017 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

didnt LBJ pull both teams together after the game?
I saw highlights on ESPN Fastbreak...
They reported he was all ok

Reply #270037 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Oh man :( Hope he's ok. Big fan.

Reply #270147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754