Isaac
Years ago

WNBL All Star Five

The Women's National Basketball League (WNBL) is pleased to announce the selection of its All-Star Five for the 2009/10 season.

The All-Star Five members were presented at halftime of yesterday’s Grand Final at The Cage in Melbourne.

The All-Star Five is determined by a poll of the head coaches, assistant coaches and team captains from all WNBL teams at the completion of the regular season and aims to recognise athletes for their on-court achievements.

Coaches and Captains are not permitted to vote for members of their own teams.

2009/10 All-Star Five:

Kristi Harrower
Jenna O’Hea
Deanna Smith
Elizabeth Cambage
Suzy Batkovic-Brown
Any notable omissions?

Topic #22493 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

That's the right team from my perspective. LJ did not play enough games for mine to be included.

Reply #270161 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yep, no issues at all with that 5.

Reply #270210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Canberra inclusions? Smith??

Next choice

Reply #270235 | Report this post

old and gray  
Years ago

re "No Canberra inclusions? Smith??"

I'm not certain what court position a $220,000 cheque plays , but it clearly deservers to be picked.

Reply #270250 | Report this post

George  
Years ago

O'Heah:
13ppg @ 44%, 6 boards, 4 assists.

Honestly I don't think O'Hea deserved a spot based on the full season (again I'm a Bulleen fan). Her 2nd half of the season would have almost won her the MVP, but her first half was not too flash. Across the 06/07 season she had better numbers.

Reply #270314 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

O'Hea's 'clutch' factor gets her in for me.

Outside of LJ, she's probably the player I'd want to take that last shot....

Reply #270335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754