Omar Little
Years ago

Bogut / Roy Player of the week

Fear the Deer!

Bucks' Bogut, Trail Blazers' Roy named Players of the Week

NEW YORK -- The Milwaukee Bucks' Andrew Bogut and the Portland Trail Blazers' Brandon Roy today were named the Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played March 8-14.

Bogut led Milwaukee to a 3-0 week, which included wins over the Celtics and Jazz. Bogut led the league in blocks (3.67) and was second in rebounding (13.7), while scoring 19.3 points per contest. With a point-rebound double-double in each game, Bogut now has 32 double-doubles on the season, placing him eighth in the NBA.

The Trail Blazers posted a 4-0 week behind Roy, who scored 27.0 points on .567 shooting. Roy's 41-point effort on March 11, in a win at Golden State marked his third 40-plus point effort of the season. With his two three-point makes against the Kings on March 12, Roy moved into ninth place on the Trail Blazers' all-time three-point field goals made list.

Here is a recap of the week for Bogut and Roy:

Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee Bucks
• March 9 vs. Boston: Posted 25 points, 17 rebounds and four blocks in an 86-84 win over the Celtics.

• March 12 vs. Utah: Tallied 16 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks during a 95-87 win over the Jazz.

• March 14 vs. Indiana: Totaled 17 points, 12 rebounds, four assists and three blocks in a 98-94 win over the Pacers.

Brandon Roy, Portland Trail Blazers
• March 9 vs. Sacramento: Posted 19 points and eight rebounds in an 88-81 win over the Kings.

• March 11 @ Golden State: Totaled 41 points and eight rebounds in a 110-105 win over the Warriors.

• March 12 @ Sacramento: Collected 28 points and four assists in a 100-94 win over the Kings.

• March 14 vs. Toronto: Totaled 20 points and five assists in a 109-98 win over the Raptors.

Topic #22533 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Bout time.

Reply #270876 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Omar Little - already reported in the Aussie NBA thread.

Link: http://linky.com.au/4lhku

Can you please keep this in the one thread!!!

Reply #270879 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

TO be fair I reckon this one deserves it's own thread, this is a massive acheivement. I agree that his game to game reports should be kept in the thread you maintain LC (which is awesome by the way, really appreciate it), but for exceptional events like this I think it's fair enough to start a new thread.

Reply #270891 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm with Billo. LC's threads are great for the updates he's been doing (I vote LC as Hoops.com.au MVP, personally), but big milestones, awards or epic performances probably deserve their own topics.

Reply #270899 | Report this post

Omar Little  
Years ago

Sorry L.C, I'm not sure what your refering to when you say there is an NBA Aussie thread...

Reply #270904 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Just read this on ESPN's 'Award Watch'. For those that don't know, it's a running ranked list of players for each NBA award category. Bogut currently sits 4th in the DPOTY and MIP categories, and ESPN had this to say:

"4. Andrew Bogut, Bucks: I admit, I was late getting on the bandwagon of the Bogut-led Bucks. Now the league's second-leading shot-blocker (2.51) is a DPOY and MIP candidate, and I even thought about putting him at No. 10 for MVP. (Last week: 2)"

Pretty big wraps - seems most Bogut doubters are on board the Buck-train now.

Reply #271007 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Gee. I guess maybe Bogut was right (referring to his comments about his place in the hierarchy of NBAers from OZ)... He is the best Australian to play in the NBA (it was a little arrogant at the time but he manned up and backed it up)...

Good on him!

Now we just need a strong PG (Patty i'm talking to you!) and we are set for the next 8-10 years!!!

Reply #271012 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Both Longley and Gaze have rings, though.

Reply #271031 | Report this post

Who Me  
Years ago

So does Adam Morrison, but is he better than Charles Barkley or Karl Malone!

Reply #271047 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Those comments were taken out of context and have become exagerated over the years - the question asked when he made those comments was whether he felt pressure to represent Australia. He responded that he was the most successful Australian basketballer at that point of his career - which was a fact.

Reply #271048 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No worries billo & Isaac. On second thoughts I tend to agreen with you both.

Bogut is certainly getting (and probably feeling) the love from everyone right now. The hard part will now to keep it up and be consistent, especially considering all the attention he is now receiving.

And where is humpa??????

Reply #271052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754