Filthy Mexican
Years ago

I must be misinterpreting this by-law

Am I misreading this By-Law from the ABA by-laws?

A restricted player is:

A player who averaged greater than 25% of available court time in the NBL or a player who has averaged less than 35% of available court time in the WNBL.

I read this as...a women's player who has averaged less than 35% of available court time in the WNBL (less than 14 minutes/game) then they are considered restricted? Logic tells me this is wrong but I am struggling to see another way to read the By-Law.

The Men's is straight forward more the 25% of the minutes but the women have me stumped

Can anyone confirm or clarify

Topic #22544 | Report this topic

John  
Years ago

Thats right

Reply #271034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Restricted players are determined by BA

The list appears on the wnbl website I believe.
This year it was 20 mins.

Reply #271035 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

So Williams from north is restricted but Jess Foley is not? according to this by law

Reply #271037 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

Shouldn't it read...
A restricted player is:

A player who averaged greater than 25% of available court time in the NBL or a player who has averaged more than 35% of available court time in the WNBL.

Reply #271040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's a typo......if you read the lower points about current player eligibility (7.4) it is clarified as greater than 35% for women currently playing in the WNBL.

I'd say they changed the wording to "greater than" but missed the second half of the sentence.

Reply #271043 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

also not been updated for 48 minutes vs 40 minutes.

Reply #271046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:21 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754