Sydney Kings Roster 10/11

Who will they sign?

Im thinking nielsen, tovey, the joyce's, draper, donta smith, behrendorff, luke martin.

anyone heard any official signings?

Topic #22580 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Donta Smith = Lots of Money!

Reply #271503 | Report this post

aussieboomers4eva  
Years ago

Unless he wants to move back for family reasons, Nielsen will stay in Spain as the coin is much better than anything he could earn in the NBL.

Reply #271510 | Report this post

out-of-towner  
Years ago

I'm not even from NSW but the idea of the Kings back and potential roster has me salivating!
Like the Blaze thread we will just have to wait and see, depending on money etc.

Reply #271514 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Bring back the D-Train, Bruce Bolden and Dean Utoff I say.

Reply #271516 | Report this post

kings man  
Years ago

i heard steve leven as a potential kings player.

Reply #271526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They've contaced schenschers and hoare.

Reply #271536 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #271536

Who have contacted Schenscher and Hoare? We only found out a few days ago that Sydney are going to have a team in 10/11. Is is already confirmed they will be called the Sydney Kings and have they confirmed who the coach will be? I would have thought that the coach needed to be sorted out before they could start looking at players.

Reply #271545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're not going to win, so they should just do the honorable thing and throw the rest of the season, let the rest of the league have a good attempt....

Reply #271557 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The consortium have had a far idea they would be in for over a month now, pending finalising important details, so I am sure they would have had a few conversations with players and managers.

Reply #271566 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Interesting times ahead, that's for sure.

Reply #271571 | Report this post

Bring it on! This has to get people excited, even those that hate the Kings. It gets the fires burning a little bit more at least...

Reply #271615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorjian is all but officially the new head coach.the schenscher, hoare and homacide approach is valid. both the kings and the tigers are after homacide williams.

Reply #271630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should add that the kings have also approached vukona as well

Reply #271632 | Report this post

taylorwalker  
Years ago

homicide would be a sold 2nd string pg in nba atm, same with gibbo and ubaka.

Reply #271648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are you? Gibbo in the NBA? You need to look at the NBL competition and see how bad it is

Reply #271688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pretty damn good actually. But I agree, Gibbo wont be on an NBA roster any time soon - he isnt that level of athlete.

Reply #271698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the NBL is so bad why has a good but not great NBL player like Joe Ingles gone to Europe's best national league in Spain and been a good but not great player there?

Vukona to Sydney rumour is strong - something smells of Goorjian. Just rumours though at this stage.

Reply #271699 | Report this post

alex  
Years ago

Hoare and vukona make sense, but schenscher is a terrible defensive player. Goorjian would go ape trying to coach this soft stiff to play like a man.

Reply #271715 | Report this post

the truth  
Years ago

With Dillon boucher i'm haring has a legit very, very solid offer to go to perth again to replace Cattalini's spot and kazzouh will be replacing Schenscher, i think the Cats are again going to be the best team in the comp next season. if Lisch does leave, they'll probaly go for an explosive 2 guard import like Ere.

Martin/Robbins
Lisch or Import/Williamson
Weigh/Boucher
Redhage/Wggstaff
Kazzouh/Harris

Reply #271717 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

'Everytime I pick him, he gets injured.' Goorj told us , in frustration, when we asked him about Schenscher for Beijing. 'In fact, he even got injured doing a lay up, pre-game , when I was gonna start him.' He told us.

Reply #271719 | Report this post

the truth  
Years ago

Schenscher might be the most overrated player i've seen ever. how he played in the nba is anyones guess.

Reply #271722 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We'll know a little more, tomorrow - when the owners front the media and tell us whether it is kings or another name,colours and answer questions EG 'who's likely to coach etc.)

Reply #271726 | Report this post

Nix98  
Years ago

Anonymous, To criticize the NBL is very short sighted. Australian B'ball punches well above its weight, as does the NBL.

The NBA has been going since the 1940's, plays to a US audience 15 times larger than Australia, therefore has a significantly larger pool of money, corporate support, and 30 years more time to develop and entranch the sport into the lives of Americans, than what the NBL has had in AU.

Dont forget, the USAhas 307 million people. many many cities full of millions of people to fill stadiums, to buy season tickets and to watch BBall on TV. Australia doesnt do too badly given we have just 21m people, spread across only half a dozen or so medium-large cities.

Reply #271727 | Report this post

Magics  
Years ago

Nathan jawai is coming back home.... From what I heard that he is looking to sign with a team besides cairns.... Lol

Reply #271751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Groj not the coach, see below

http://linky.com.au/rcfty

Reply #271752 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Official story on NBL.com:

Link: http://linky.com.au/fdnfj

Name: Sydney Kings
General Manager: Bob Turner
Chairman: Bill Wavish (Woolworths Senior Executive)

Consortium includes:
- Bill Wavish (Woolworths Senior Executive)
- Max Schroder
- Phil Hudson (ex West Sydney Razorbacks Chairman)
- Jim Bosnjak (Former West sydney Depiyty Chairman & former Westbus owner)
- Other members that wish to remain silent

Bob turner is reported as stationg that,

"The consortium of Sydney Kings owners is absolutely committed not just to the team but also to the sport of basketball," said Turner. "We have sought investors who believe in the sport and are dedicated to the long-term success of the Kings and Sydney basketball as a whole."

Reply #271801 | Report this post

neo  
Years ago

get shane heal to coach the team

Reply #271834 | Report this post

tribunial justice  
Years ago

I'm hearing now kazzouh is headed to perth, with schenscher also staying in perth and with lisch going to europe with his italian passport where he wont be an import.so schenscher to sydney rummor is all but dead

Reply #271899 | Report this post

G1  
Years ago

What about Scott "Grizzly" McGregor.

He would be a great addition.

Be great to see those Grizzly Boyz Back again at the King Dome.

Reply #274006 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754