Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats reveal Radford is 36ers assistant

From the NBL site, looks like the Perth Wildcats have partly pre-empted the 36ers' announcement tomorrow:

Championship-winning assistant coach Mark Radford has advised the Perth Wildcats that he is leaving for the Adelaide 36ers for the next three seasons.

Radford arrived at the Wildcats ahead of the 2008/09 season after five years as head coach in Tasmania of Wynyard and seven in charge of the North West Tasmania Thunder, as well as time as network coach with the Australian Under-19s Emus team that he has been doing since 2007.

He and first-year Perth head coach Rob Beveridge guided the Wildcats to the 2009/10 NBL championship and after two years in WA, Radford has accepted a position as assistant coach with the Adelaide 36ers, which will also move him closer to his Tasmania-based family.
Full article at NBL.com.au

All signs (Boti, rumours on here, etc) are pointing to a Clarke/Radford/Flynn combination. Once that's confirmed, I think they've done very well. Countless times Clarke has come up as a top target when I've talked about possible NBL coaches with various people but we didn't think the 36ers could quite lure him across. Should be an interesting year.

Topic #22602 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Bevo will need to find another twin 'ranga' to be the ugliest yet most successful coaches in it!

Reply #271986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Flynn really safe? Rumor is Radford is costing them a bit and they only wanted to go with 1 assistant

Reply #271987 | Report this post

Betty  
Years ago

My thinking is that Flynn would not cost much. Which could help his safety factor.

Reply #271988 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

orbit, they were a pretty funny duo! Have to share the redheads around, though maybe we could steal Luke from them and hog a few with Balls as well.

I reckon they'd keep Liam. Can't imagine he's expensive, works hard, versatile. Would probably be coaching the Sabres if he wasn't otherwise committed?

Reply #271989 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was another article in thewest today -
confirming radford and expecting sixers to name Clarke, tomorrow.

Reply #271990 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Flynn is useless too and can piss off. I'm sick of his hand waving like he's a police traffic cop. It didn't do much for him or the team.

He can go back to his ABL stuff.

Another one I don't like. I want change here also.

Reply #271993 | Report this post

blaze011  
Years ago

If he is costing a bit more, I'm curious to know how much he could be asking for? What is an assistant worth this season?

Reply #271995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti's a big fan of Flynn! Will be looking forward to his rants about him again next season.

Reply #271999 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Champ, you have no idea what Flynny does at the club. He works his butt off down there - and your most constructive criticism is his hand waving pisses you off!

This is that negative crap the Fox was talking about the other night at the Fans forum.

Reply #272004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Champ, perhaps it should Chump33. Not a clue.

Reply #272014 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Even though my Stacker 10/11 campaign failed, I'm extremely excited by the prospect of Clarke / Radford / Flynn - great job SOS.

I wonder if Clarke's future national coach potential factored into the decision?

Reply #272015 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I reckon you could easily grab Schenser back as well. He didn't look happy towards the end. His contract must state ' no pony tails'. 36ers will be the next ranga zone.

Reply #272017 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Seems like a good pick up for the club
Rad surname!

Reply #272030 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Radford and Redhage are very close - might see both come

Reply #272043 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Redhage is my most hated player and would not want to see him in a sixers singlet.

Reply #272049 | Report this post

Not TC2  
Years ago

leave him alone, he's orsm! ;-)

Reply #272054 | Report this post

wizzel08  
Years ago

I have coached against Radord in SEABL he is a very good coach and has recruited some of the best imports SEABL has ever had. CAN COACH and a great guy.

Reply #272058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive been going to 6ers games for 20yrs............. My hate for Redhage far outweighs my love for the 6ers. Im not joking if someone mentions Redhage again ill lose it!

Reply #272063 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Daniel Johnson free agency plays out, peronsally. Would be cheaper than Schenser I imagine and a good long term propsect.

As for Red... woah, sorry, nearly dropped the dreaded 'Hage Bomb...

Reply #272071 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Saw a mention somewhere of the Tigers going after Luke Nevill. Less reputable mention of Perth and Khazzouh?

Reply #272073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schensch will be available for a lot cheaper now after his disastrous season in Perf.

Reply #272111 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754