Jack Toft
Years ago

U12/U16 Country Champs

Any word on how teams have gone? Country Basketball have some results up, but no grand final results.

Topic #22615 | Report this topic

hanging round  
Years ago

(Mod: Come on HR, you know the rules about "who cares" posts...)

Reply #272268 | Report this post

Ex-PPDO  
Years ago

Jack,

Div 1
16 boys- Pt Augusta
16 girls- Mt Gambier
12 girls- Broken Hill
12 boys- dunno

Reply #272270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hanging, why bother posting then?

Reply #272272 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thnx exPPDO, hope your kids played well.

Yeah, I know you don't care Hanging Around, but it's good to see where Norwood will focus their recruiting :)

Reply #272277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Toft thats a bit harsh haha its called development

Reply #272315 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yeah, just trolling for a nibble.

You expect the outer metro clubs like Mavs, TIgers, Lions to be chock full of country kids. I suppose all the private school boarders go to the club where their buddies go to.

Other than that, there's really no sense in a club sending recruitment officers to country DNSPs unless they are lazy?

Reply #272324 | Report this post

triton53  
Years ago

Jack - I think you will find that one of Norwood's Div 1 coaches is actually based in a country area, so it makes sense that kids from that area are going to go to Norwood. That's not recruiting.
Other than that, what country recruiting have they been up to? There is one club that was very active on the weekend, but it wasn't Norwood :)

What happened to the directive from SAC that there was to be no approaching of players during country carnivals?

Reply #272337 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I can guarantee that Norwood go to the Pirie carnival poaching...

I know of a D.O. that had a call asking for a kids name.

Reply #272342 | Report this post

triton53  
Years ago

BMF - Poaching would involve recruitng kids already at a district club. Giving country kids the opportunity to play at a higher level in Adelaide is a different issue entirely.

Yes Norwood probably approach kids, as do Sturt and Forestville and other clubs. I personally know of an U16 SAC girl who was recently approached by 4 clubs. She wanted to play district basketball, and appreciated the options that were put in front of her.

Also BMF the SAC anti-recruiting rule has nothing to do with local country carnivals. It was a request from SAC staff that district clubs do not recruit at country champs in Adelaide.

Reply #272346 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

So Triton, who is the coach from the Country and what Country town?

Reply #272349 | Report this post

triton53  
Years ago

Come on Jack, if you know junior ball as well as you seem to claim, you would already know the answer to that.

Reply #272352 | Report this post

triton53  
Years ago

But just in case you need me to expain it for you, their Under 18 Div 1 Boys coach lives in Port Augusta.

Reply #272354 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I am a little slow sometimes Triton, thnx for spelling it out

Reply #272358 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Whats the difference between recruiting at country champ's and going to the Millicent carnival or Pirie carnival and recruiting? Nothing, it's just they have had to travel to the country...

I agree with the kids getting a good opportunity, but I can tell you there are some exceptional coaches in the country who would quite easily be Div 1 coaches in town...

Reply #272360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Norwood DO is a Country state & DNSP Network Head Coach!
Im sure the club will get their fair share of the better country players

Reply #272361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon #361, and what displace the kids they have already recruited!!

Reply #272364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754