anon
Years ago

St Clair isn't too bad

thought i give st clair thumbs up - was there saturday top game over time - loved the bar set up -had to stand all gd - crowd atmosphere - go you 'woods-
get a life people its basic but passable -

Topic #22618 | Report this topic

spurs_suck  
Years ago

Passable? Are you sure you were at the right stadium?
I heard a Woodville player jumped to save a ball and went flying into loose chairs! OHS could pose a problem, not to mention the music was ridiculous.

Reply #272303 | Report this post

Court 1  
Years ago

There must some issues with replacing and getting all the bays filled with flouro tubes.

They could have had a least maximized the available light.
A box of 20 tubes is around $60. for $200 you could make the whole area much lighter.

That would at least improve a bad situation.

I like the fact the rings lean backwards.

Reply #272320 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i seen NBL and NBA payers jump into seating around courts - better loose chairs than solid walls - see no issue at all - yeah was big chase into about third row of the winners supporters
music well all i heard was cheering applause whistling - i not intertested in rock concert - bring your own mp3 if want music

Reply #272325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spurs suck and court 1 your both idiots. lighting is being fixed up after easter as stated in another thread which wont see much change form $50,000 so good call on the $200 u muppet. spurs suck that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. watch an NBA game. I think ive said it about 3 or 4 times now that things will happen and are in the pipelines but it takes time and money. if its that much of a problem get onto BSA and see if they will help, coz they seem to help other clubs (southern new courts). so lets give it a rest hey. its pretty annoying to hear the same weak bitching week in week out. so cheers anon, good to hear something positive for once.

Reply #272335 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

thanks 335 i just cant see what negative comments can achieve - the idea of standing on the middle court is great - we had hellava time - hope people heard us
wow $5000 on lighting - be like christmas tree
box of globes for $200 - seriously man you have to be on jungle juice -you seen how high the roof is - i might lend you my A frame LADDER AND PLANK - because your obviously high and get up their agree 335 muppet

Reply #272336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

one rap song was a bad choise with plenty of 'F' words and 'N' words. Not real appropriate when children are around.

Would it be possible for them to use the middle court so you could put chairs on both sides of the court? The player benches and score table block a lot of the view and the other side does not get used due to the wall. I know the sidelines are not wide enough but surely you could put some tempory lines down and use the middle court.

Reply #272344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it has been suggested by a few players but not sure if it has been suggested to the right people. that would be ideal thats for sure. maybe in the future

Reply #272357 | Report this post

Hmmm?  
Years ago

Always amazes me why so many people choose to be Anon or anonymous! That's why you pick a preudonym- so that people can follow your train of thought and so readers don't get the sensible anon comments confused with all the anon clowns around!

Reply #272572 | Report this post

the fool  
Years ago

like hmmm - read the thread and work out if half intelligent
by the way hmmm think you got egg on face if the lighting is fixed as predicted at st clair
seems it not as doomy gloomy as you want to have people believe thats clear to the fool that i am

Reply #272600 | Report this post

Here we go again  
Years ago

Why does Pasadena get more seating and not the stadiums that need it.
I was there yesterday the stand numbers have doubled.
As usual, the top 3 get looked after.
It would have been nice if those new stands went to St Clair

Reply #272739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt did that on their own. As usual there are those that complain and those that shut up and get on with it.

Reply #272741 | Report this post

Here we go again  
Years ago

I find that a bit hard to swallow, that must have been 20k worth of stands, how does a Club afford that?
If it's true, good on them, I still think they must have had help

Reply #272746 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Club's are financial and there are community grants, council grants..govt grants...plenty of ways to get $$

Reply #272747 | Report this post

Vesta 73  
Years ago

Sturt funded it through fundraising and not waisting money on their seniors by getting imports.

Reply #272751 | Report this post

too lazy  
Years ago

All grandstands should be zoned. Those grandstands should be made to be used at St Clair.

Reply #272824 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Warriors arenot paying their import.

Reply #277421 | Report this post

ringlord  
Years ago

A little bit more work and the old dame will shine again. Excellently positioned stadium, and still a reasonably good structure.

Reply #285468 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:32 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754