Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Rumour Mill - 2010/2011

Thought I would start a thread on rumoured signings/chasings for the upcoming season given that April 1 is the cut off date for FA and not many players are signed to date.

These are some that I have heard;

Perth: Daniel Johnson (Tigers); Matthew Knight; Dillon Boucher (NZ)

Kings: Nielsen (Europe - apparently interested in returning); Liam Rush (Europe); Matthew Knight (Europe); Rhys Carter (Europe); Kevin Lisch (Perth); Dontaye Draper (Former Import); Luke Nevill

Tigers: Luke Nevill

Breakers: Mike Vukona (Gold Coast)

Feel free to discuss or add any....

Topic #22625 | Report this topic

william 34  
Years ago

well my point is if they do, the NBL isnt allowed to know, and therefore why would you know?

Reply #271856 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

I can clarify my point. My point is that if that agents are talking to coaches and players quietly, why would members of the public necessarily know about it?

I didn't mean to cause so much fuss haha, its just that to me there's a big difference between a rumour and pure speculation.

Reply #271863 | Report this post

Magics  
Years ago

So think jawai would come back to the nbl?

Reply #272374 | Report this post

kingworld  
Years ago

Jawai & draper would make for an entertaining team

Reply #272470 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FWIW, a guy on Twitter mentioned a Wildcats development player saying that Matt Knight was signing with Perth.

Reply #272814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not rumours, but confirmed on the NBL site:

Meanwhile, the Bulletin reported that Kelvin Robertson and Brad Williamson had been informed by the Crocs they were free to test themselves on the market.
And Rolan Roberts has been released by the Crocs also. Given that they've seemingly lost Homicide, they could be set for a fairly serious turnover this off-season. Homicide (apparently to Tigers), Tovey (retired), Williamson, Robertson, Roberts (all released).

Interesting to note that Perth haven't as yet re-signed Redhage while they have retained Robbins and Martin plus Wagstaff and Weigh.

Reply #272815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though he's got a number of flaws in his game honestly I could handle Rolan being at the 36ers.

Reply #272817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe the Crocs will have Blanchfield in their 10 man roster this season. Certainly looks ready after yesterday's game in the HSH tournament.

Reply #273093 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754