Isaac
Years ago

Breakers announce seven signings, release Trueman

The Breakers have elevated their two development players and retained five of the existing players. They've re-signed:

CJ Bruton Guard
Paul Henare Guard
Kirk Penney Guard
Corey Webster Guard
Tom Abercrombie Forward
Dillon Boucher Forward
Alex Pledger Centre
They have an offer with Rick Rickert (expected to naturalise) and could consider keeping Jeremiah Trueman if Rickert doesn't come through. Trueman and Oscar Forman have been released to speak with other clubs (kind wording for "not re-signed"). Rickert would finalise their local contingent and leave two import positions - perhaps a PF and a combo guard like Kevin Braswell?

The free agent list of players not retained by their clubs will be released today at 5pm.

Topic #22644 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

From an article on the Blaze site:

After the release of the new points rankings, Wright said he did not expect the Blaze's line-up to change significantly next season, although forward Mika Vukona is being heavily targeted by the New Zealand Breakers.

Reply #272559 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Is anyone aware as to why Vukona left the Breakers?

Would he be a straight Oscar out Vukona in? I would think Vukona would demand more salary than Oscar?

Reply #272567 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Vukona might've left because Oscar was in front of him in the roster. Left for more minutes.

Reply #272569 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

I believe that is correct Issac and I think he wanted to have a go under Boy Gorj also

Reply #272670 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754