Big Sexy
Years ago

Free Agent List released

Looks like the sixers only have signed Darren Ng

http://linky.com.au/66mos

Topic #22648 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

how is wade helliwell an 8? opposed to kavossy franklin who is a 9- franklin is WAYYY older!!! i guess that will really appeal to most clubs having helliwell available- quality big who has played in italy and done well!!!

helliwell and ryan will be part of the bullets team come next year don't you worry!!!

Reply #272586 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

noticed a few good sixth man options in the FAL -
kendall - 7
d.johnson - 6
holmes - 7
tovey - 7
rice - 4

i like tovey and johnson out of that bunch,they have some real upside.

*note- rice at 4 points, could give you some really good training fodder,with limited time in games.

Reply #272591 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Tovey is terrible! And has taken a finance job in WA from all reports.

Reply #272602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Helliwell a quality big? lol Helliwell works up a sweat trying to count past ten.

Reply #272606 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

dj- tovey played some great minutes for the crocs last season,defensively he was very good.
he is a bit of a risk at times but trevor seemed to like what he did.
if he is leaving the league i would be very surprised,unless it is a money thing.

Reply #272614 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

he is somewhat retired...

Reply #272620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kings will sign kavossy franklin

Reply #272624 | Report this post

Rmm  
Years ago

haha, Cam tovey is a disgrace... he is more of a comedy act than anything!

Reply #272632 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Wade Helliwell back in the NBL - that's impressive.
He'll give the League a bit of a hurry up.
Best for the Boomers v Iran here - haven't seen him since that nite.

Reply #272636 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

DJrod- 'somewhat retired' sounds like something in-house,fill us in please!

Reply #272646 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Wade Helliwell couldnt give a glacier a hurry up!! He is little more than a rebounder and fouler these days, but he could certainly be a solid back up centre for a team that has a more mobile starter who can slide to the four.

Reply #272651 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Cam Tovey has alot of potential. He's 6-8 a good athlete with good skills but he just can't shoot a lick even his foul shot looks terrible at times

Reply #272667 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Tovey has graduated from his Commerce degree and is heading back to WA where he has a desk job waiting for him... too good to refuse i suppose.

He has a lot of potential and i think is harshly picked on because of his free throw shooting. He was knocking down a couple of 3's a game towards the end of last season at a pretty good rate! (37%)

Reply #272672 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

just read the tovey story on nbl.com,quite amazing!

i mean........an accountant ffs.

no offence to that industry,but its not like its a high profile gig.

compared to a pro sport job,on free to air tv, putting you in the lounge rooms of thousands of households............ as opposed to an office job in perth.....me not get it!

dont be surprised to see him appear on the wildcats roster,great fit for the vacated cat spot as a defensive stopper.

Reply #272795 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tovey may have hit his NBL ceiling though. He could either move around taking what he can get with NBL teams (and have some level of uncertainty) and then retire in x years and make a late entry to the finance world. Or he could make the move now, not really take a pay cut, and work his way up from a strong starting point. Met him briefly a couple of years ago and he seemed like a smart (and funny) guy who'd do well off the court.

The NBL releasing the free agent list to the public could've hurt a few teams who were planning announcements next week.

Reply #272813 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Cameron Tovey talks about his retirement

Reply #273110 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754