reality bites
Years ago

will we become a wnbl backwater ?

i fell we will in 2011.

even if brenehey can get "old players" back - i presume he is talking summerton, screen, phillips - we still will be 2-3 good players short.

summerton improved 10 fold post wnba and screen picked up once she got in the national squad and erin will only get better.

looks like no foley - what about camino ? francis ? burston ?

the canberra lifestyle with graf may appeal to some players and with timmsy punting for the boomers any national talent will be channelled along those lines - so what attraction will we be running.

i reckon we are in for a roughy this season.

we have decent people involved - but it will be hard work.

Topic #22656 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Francis already has said 'Pass' on Adelaide!

Move on.

Reply #272691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Francis will replace Bishop, Foley a possibility too if she doesn't go the Europe route. Plus that still means they'll have Tolo, Wilson, Bibby, Perera And possibly Abrams and/or Beatty.

Is Crozier-Musselwhite a possibility to return?

Add Francis and Foley into that group and they'll be heading back to the GF.

Reply #272705 | Report this post

Ariel 29  
Years ago

We have Marino !

Reply #272693 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Canberra wont be strong next season.. Bishop is gone after her tantrum... Hurst is heading overseas and Jackson ain't coming back.

Reply #272695 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've heard rumors that Foley is a possibility, haven't heard anything about Francis.

Musselwhite is back (forgot about her). Abrams is playing on, but wants a reduced role.

Reply #272711 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

TR - what happened with Bishop re tantrum??

Reply #272760 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:56 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754