Brett Maher
Chris Goulding
Riley Luettgerodt
Luke Schenscher
Tom Daly
Chris Molitor
Oscar Forman
Jeremiah Trueman

The teams are warming up now. Farley probably looks thinner than in 2002. Very interested to see him play.

The roster lists on TV had Forman as centre and Schenscher as forward. Listed Threatt Jnr as a centre when he's a point guard.

Game underway. Farley is still pretty agile but hasn't had loads of luck yet with his shot. The Fleet are going in to Schenscher each time. Starting Jackson (import guard), Farley, Goulding, Forman, Schenscher.

Rush started Threatt Jnr and four imports from what I can tell.

Farley up to 10 points in the first quarter.

Forestville import isn't looking too bad.

Topic #22668 | Report this topic

Tipo  
Years ago

Riley from forrestville is very solid. If he was Australian he would already be in the nbl

Reply #272944 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Would someone mind posting some score updates and a few points of interest from the game so far as I am at work.

Thanks!

Reply #272954 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Riley has 19 points with five minutes still to play. Schenscher still doing most of the damage for the Fleet who lead 88-79 after Rush had previously snuck ahead.

Rush have just called for their Gamebreaker mode to switch on which worked for them last time.

Jackson, import PG for the Fleet, has been really solid.

Riley (not going to try and spell his last name until I've had time to look it up) now has 21 to lead all scorers. He's like Rick Rickert mixed with Dusty Rychart. Maybe a bit of Matt Illman in there. Not afraid to throw himself on the floor either. All hustle.

Goulding just hit a three. 94-81. Is playing really well.

Forman started well with a swag of boards but only hit a couple of shots and has sat for much of the game as they stick with Riley as PF.

Rush have missed three straight long bombs. Goulding hit another three so the Fleet now have a handy lead.

Reply #272956 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fleet have switched on their Gamebreaker and Farley just hit a four-pointer. Their handling of it isn't always slick, but the green stripe around the backboard looks cool.

Jackson just hit a 'four' for the Fleet, now 1/8 threes for him. Fleet are up 105-81.

Riley scores on the break. 107-81. Carfino says he's yet to miss a bucket in the second half.

Daly and Molitor yet to hit the court.

I think Maher got subbed in and before play started, a time out was called. He mimed being exhausted and needing a break as he came off, joking around with Oscar.

Fleet time-out. Goulding a bit vocal to fire them up and finish it off. I like him.

Maher just hit a bit four-pointer straight out of the time-out. Now a 111-81 game.

Schenscher at the line. 1/2. 13 seconds left. Goulding gets the o-board. Farley runs out the clock and jacks a three that misses.

Carfino comments that it was a bit of a strange game. Fleet finished the game with an 18-0 run!

Reply #272960 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Beautiful! Thanks Isaac for the details - really appreciate it. I am recording it at home, so will look forward to seeing some of these players that I haven't seen in person yet like Mr Riley L and Jackson - might even take a look at the old man Mahersy!! ;P I hope he hasn't snapped any calf muscles playing in this first game!

Reply #272961 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maher didn't have a massive impact, but wasn't a step behind either. Hit a few threes.

Game 4 starting up now, so will start a new thread for that.

Reply #272964 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

awesome game. just caught the last quarter at home. cant wait for tomorrows fleet vs monarchs

Reply #272967 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That Fleet team was fun to watch. Nice to see a team that plays smart and hustles so hard on defence.

Jackson didn't show much offensively, but he was in everything on the defensive end. Don't know if stats are available anywhere, but he must have had a lot of steals and deflections!

Riley Luettgerodt looked like a real smart player, outworking opponents on both ends of the floor. Made me think of a mini Ricketts. Didn't show much range though, so that might count against him for an NBL spot.

Chris Goulding: another smart player with good court vision, he can flat out score and worked really hard defensively, rebounding very well against bigger opponents. You can come play for the Sixers anytime you want Chris! ;-)

Luke gave the Fleet a massive advantage inside. The Rush got back into the game when the Fleet went away from the big fella in the third quarter. I still get frustrated with how often Luke gets muscled out of position, but he should still be a dominant NBL big man for years to come if he stays in Oz.

Trueman: the Breakers have a real solid young big there. Held the fort pretty well when Luke got in foul trouble.

Nice to see Will Farley still has game as well.

Reply #272970 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Scorers:

Fleet 112 (Luettgerodt, Goulding 23, Farley 22, Schenscher 19) d Rush 81 (Rose 16, Bridgewater, Dillon 14).

Reply #272989 | Report this post

Tripod  
Years ago

Beantown, Trueman got cut by the Breakers!!! Word is this guy loves the physical stuff, and id like to see him get a go in the NBL somewhere else. Why couldnt the 6ers give him a go???

Reply #273007 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Really Tripod? I didn't know that, was just going by the commentators, who said NZ really like him and are expecting big things! Oh well, guess the commentary team got it wrong AGAIN!

Reply #273015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the Fleet:

Farley 23pts, 11reb, 5ast, 4stl 9-23 FG, 3-10 3pts

Goulding 23pts, 9reb, 3ast 9-18 FG, 4-11 3pts

Luettgerodt 23pts, 10reb, 4ast, 4stl 10-16 FG, 0-4 3pt

Schenscher 19pts, 9reb, 4ast, 2stl 8-12 FG, 3-10 FT

Maher 7pts, 3reb, 2stl, 3to 2-6 FG, 2-4 3pts

Jackson 7pts, 6ast, 4reb, 2stl 1-8 FG, 1-7 3pts

Forman 4pts, 9reb 2-8 FG, 0-2 3pts

Reply #273294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754