Big Sexy
Years ago

Sixers to announce another player today

The sixers facebook group have said there will be another player announcement today

Topic #22679 | Report this topic

The Banker  
Years ago

Any thoughts to who it might be?

Reply #273106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger

Reply #273108 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

After the signing of DJ I have no idea who they will sign

Reply #273109 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

It was certainly a suprise to get DJ,

But i like the signing of him. He is a good back up centre/forward better then cooper has been of late and potentially should be a dominant big man in years to come.

He is a project player but comes with a instant impact to the team.

Reply #273112 | Report this post

Dangermouse  
Years ago

Its been suggested that the plan might be for DJ to start.

Reply #273113 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

He will only start if Adelaide fail to acquire another more experienced big man or decide not to keep Burston

Reply #273114 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Boti's comments today suggest the signing of DJ makes a Schenscher or Burston signing unlikely.

Reply #273115 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Be good if Ballinger but also hope Herbert .
Herbert added that something extra in aggression and D and could take the shot if on.

Reply #273117 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would imagine they will go for Johnson as a 5, Ballinger as a 4/5 and an import 3/4 and another Aussie big for depth. But Johnson will be a major part of the rotation.

Reply #273118 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I am hoping it is another quality young Aussie.
Ben Allen maybe.
Or a young PG, even just as a backup to an import.
Last years bench was disappointing.
So hoping for some exciting and useful bench players next season.

Reply #273119 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

After reading Boti's article on Adelaide now about burston and Schenscher most likely not be signed i may have to change my statement about DJ playing off the bench

Maybe DJ will be the starting big man for the Sixers.

Hopefully we get some really good imports then

Does anyone know what happens with Gilchrist being injured does that impact on the roster for Adelaide?

Reply #273120 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd like to see both DJ and Darren Ng start eventually. If Marty can mould them into the players he needs, we'd have some young Australian talent that would hold the franchise in good stead for the future.

I thought DJ was great when Anstey went down. Perhaps needs to be a fraction more consistent, but that'll come with experience and a good system.

Reply #273122 | Report this post

enonymous  
Years ago

I guess with DJ being our number one big the positive to come out of this is that season ticket holders wont have to dip into our pockets for post seasons tickets for another year

Reply #273123 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Does anyone know approximately what time they will be making this announcement?

Reply #273124 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

From what I recall, Gilchrist's injury was serious enough that its unlikely he will be ready to play NBL next year.

Boti seems pretty convinced that Schenscher and Burston won't play for the Sixers. I assume the thinking is that Johnson would not have come here unless he was told he will start and play big minutes?

I'd prefer to have a more experienced big like Burston or Luke as our starter, but can't complain if Johnson ends up as our starter. By all accounts he is a very talented young big and if Clarke is the coach the Sixers are hoping for, then I'm sure we will see big strides from him over the next two years.

Based on Boti's comments about the Sixers being deep in negotiations with Ballinger, hopefully he is the guy signing today! If we have Ballinger and Johnson locked in, that is a nice core to attract other free agents with. My only concern with that combo would be that neither has a reputation for playing good defence.

Reply #273127 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TP, I believe they'll mention it on Facebook first, so make sure you're linked in or following or fanned up or friends with the 36ers on Facebook. (I don't use Facebook, so not sure what terminology is appropriate for all that stuff!)

Reply #273128 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Well if he has only come to Adelaide for the chance to play big minutes then he better earn the minutes that he has been given

It will be good to see Adelaide benefit from Clarke having a good relationship with the aussis playing in college and having them return and play for the sixers.

Ben Madgen returns from Augusta State University, I know he didnt play in a Div 1 college team but where would his skills compare to the NBL? And could a team look at Ben as a bench player?

Reply #273130 | Report this post

Elite  
Years ago

Hopefully its AB7 !

Then we can get some athletic imports on the wings to cover our weakest area from last season....the 3 spot.

Reply #273132 | Report this post

Snoze  
Years ago

Remember Boodnikoff , Franklin , Tovey and Hinder played for ASU in DIV 2 also . Ben was the all time leading points scorer for the Peach Belt and ASU . I am sure he would be an asset in any program . He was the only Div 2 player selected to rep Australia in the world uni games . Did not get much court time but aquitted himself well .

Reply #273134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with dj playing big minutes is he regularly gets into foul trouble. He can score and improved a lot with the tigers in anstey's absence but he's pretty weak defensively. It would be a worry if there's not a strong back up big.

Reply #273136 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Haiku fail!

Reply #273137 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I will be a very happy man if Lisch has signed. If it is not Ballinger or Herbert, I hope it is someone new to the sixers. I have a gut feeling that Holmes might end up in Woolongong for more minutes and Oscar in Sydney (no reason other than a feeling).

Reply #273140 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

I said it was a gut feeling. no need to call me an idiot. So John is it official that we have signed Foreman? I haven't seen any news on that. And is it official Holmes is playing overseas??

Reply #273143 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'd be surprised if the Sixers are looking at signing Oscar this early. To me, he is a role player and should not be signed unless he fits with the core personnel. If we are going with Johnson, we have to have another solid big who can rebound and defend as a priority. Maybe Trueman or Dodman? Both of those guys looked solid yesterday and have the size to defend the paint.

Reply #273145 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

john if that was the case you shouldn't be on this forum :-) people are always claiming stupid things on here.
I was just trying to say I didn't thing Holmes would be a sixer next season and was having a guess where he could possible end up.
And didn't think the sixers would sign Foreman after our first 2 signing aren't the most defence orientated players and neither is he. But I actually like Foreman so I will be happy if we do.

Reply #273147 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

John if everything you say is official then where have you received the official information regarding Jacob and Oscar?

Reply #273148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is Dodman being talked about in NBL again? he flopped enough times hasn't he...

Reply #273150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Few posts from troublemakers deleted.

Reply #273151 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

I thought it was official???

If it was official then you would be able to explain

Reply #273154 | Report this post

The Banker  
Years ago

Any news on who Adelaide will be signing today yet?

Reply #273156 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Facebook seems to be down for me, I normally don't check it much and the only time I do it doesn't work.

Reply #273159 | Report this post

herka  
Years ago

the posts that were deleted were they reffering to lisch becoming a 36er ?? i have been stressing all morning that de lisch is jumping ship

Reply #273160 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, that sort of stuff. Who knows, may eventuate, but there were two aliases posting from one computer and talking each other up, so probably worth ignoring. And while I have a fair idea of the next 2-3 signings by the club, I've heard nothing linking Lisch to them. I'd say Europe is his target.

Announcement getting closer. Nothing from out of left field, but I like it.

Reply #273161 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

It isn't Cooper is it Isaac?

Reply #273162 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers have retained Nathan Herbert. Announcement topic here.

Reply #273166 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Go to the free agent shop and bring me back some orange ShhhhhhHerbert.

Reply #273167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathan Herbert!

Reply #273169 | Report this post

herka  
Years ago

cool thanks for that Issac

Reply #273179 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

[quote]The Perth Wildcats have signed productive big man Matt Knight to a three-year deal as he returns to Australia while the NBL champions are close to securing captain Shawn Redhage and Grand Final MVP Kevin Lisch.

The addition of 24-year-old forward/centre Knight and most likely returns of Redhage and Lisch have the 'Cats looking well placed to be a strong team once again for the 2010/11 NBL season. [/quote]

Either the author is being fed the wrong information, or you are. I'd be inclined to think you are.
Sounds like Lisch is staying put.

On a side note, that's an impressive signing by the Cats, and almost definitely means Schenscher will be at a new club next year.

Reply #273243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754