Isaac
Years ago

HSH, Day 2 Game 2: Rush vs Cyclones

Rush win 118-113 over the Cyclones..Great game of bball and big win for the Rush!!

Topic #22683 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Nice close game. I was hoping for a Cyclones win, but the Rush's shooters were able to step up and nail the big 4 point baskets in crunch time.

The Rush rely a lot on Rose's shooting, but Thalo Green and then Daniel Dillon stepped up in support to bring it home in the 2nd half.

Graeme Dann once again abused his smaller opponents, scoring at will in the paint. Also showed his range this game with a few long bombs. Could be a solid pickup for an NBL team's bench. Doubt he'll be given the opportunity to put the ball on the floor so much and get to the basket in the NBL though.

Woodberry looked solid again and scored in the paint a little more against the smaller Rush. He tends to spend too much time trying to iso his man at times though and isn't strong enough to slice through some of the gaps he tries for at times either.

I thought Brown once again battled hard on the boards, but didn't have much support. I assume he's an import? If so, probably not good enough to get an NBL contract, but would be a good bench contributor I think, if he were able to play as an Aussie.

Deba George looked better this game, making quite a few shots. Certainly has the quickness and hops to have an impact in the NBL, but tends to hang on to the ball too much at times.

Dodman not so good this game. The Cyclones really fell away when he and the other bench players were on the court in the 3rd.

Reply #273182 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Oh yeah, nice dunk from Brown in the last quarter, got the 'and 1' to boot!

Reply #273183 | Report this post

me3  
Years ago

There should be a rule that the bench players have to start in one of the Quarters. We dont get to see our local ABA players on the court.Might just get some more interest.

Looking forward to the next game though.

Reply #273185 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754