Isaac
Years ago

Simmons: Sheed infection plagues Boston

ESPN writer Bill Simmons is no fan of Rasheed Wallace, deciding that 'Sheed is his least favourite Celtic. Ever.

Sheed likes jogging at half-speed. He submits entire sequences -- two or three minutes at a time, six or seven trips up and down the court -- without ever passing either foul line. Sometimes I count to see how many consecutive possessions Sheed can pull off without crossing either charity stripe. His unofficial record is nine.
Sheed makes me say the words, "Why won't we play Brian Scalabrine?"
Sheed caused me to e-mail my buddy Hench in December just to ask whether he remembered seeing Sheed run harder than half-speed even once. Hench's response: "I've yet to see Sheed make a fast-twitch move that would have spilled a beverage if he was carrying one on the court."
Read the full article: Smoke and Mirrors

Topic #22693 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"Sheed's coaches always wish he would "go in the block more often." They never demand it; if they do, they know they won't get it. So it's more of a suggestion. Like reminding your spouse, "Hey, we haven't had sex in a while."

Gold!

Reply #273340 | Report this post

doddobird  
Years ago

ouch!!

Reply #273343 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Haven't read the article, but I don't think its Sheed thats the problem. He can be maddening at times, but the Celtics problem is that KG is now just an average NBA defender and rebounder who doesn't block shots. The rest of the team's listless play at times this year suggests that they all know another championship is beoyond their reach and so the motivation is just not there anymore.

I still hold a scrap of hope that a good off-season of rest for KG might see him strengthen his knee enough for one last run next year, but the odds seem to be against it.

I think I'm going to get a lot more enjoyment watching the Thunder in this years playoffs than I will watching the Celtics!

Reply #273401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754