MadeInThe'Laide
Years ago

Scoring Title Race: LeBron vs Durant

After todays games...

Durant 29.9
LeBron 29.7

This could get very interesting as the season draws to a close!

Two young stars battle it out for bragging rights.

Thoughts? Who has the tougher scheduale?

Topic #22699 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

Think I posted at the start of the season that Durant was offering 12-1 for the scoring title (total points).

You would think the people at the betting agencies would know better.

Reply #273385 | Report this post

With Cleveland having wrapped up the league best record, the Cavs will rest him, and others.

Therefore Durant will have to score less than his average in the last remaining games to lose the pole position.
I think his teammates will encourage him to go for the title and therefore Durant will take it out.

Reply #273395 | Report this post

To give some clarity as to how close this is:
After today's games

Durant has scored 2,336 points in 78 games for an average of 29.9487 PPG

James has scored 2,258 points in 76 games for an average of 29.7105 PPG

Each has four games left in the season.

IF LeBron sits out the last four games in full (very unlikely) and suppose his average stays the same, Durant would need to average better than 25.0632 PPG in his last four games to take the title.

Say Durant was injured and sat out the next four games, LeBron would need to average 34.50 PPG in his last four in order to overtake Durant current average.

The word is LeBron will play either limited minutes, or not at all. I think it's unlikely he will, in his own words, "choose to take the scoring title".

Reply #273409 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Today's NBA pre-game discussed this exact topic as well.

As pointed out by a few others, I think with LeBron receiving fewer minutes, Durant will win the scoring title.

Reply #273609 | Report this post

Kevin Malone  
Years ago

I can imagine Lebron pulling a David Robinson and scoring 71 points in the final regular season game.

Reply #273612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754