west fan
Years ago

Reserves Young Guns

Did anyone see the west v eastern reserves game last night?? Craddock scored 46 points!! what a gun - any other young guns doing their stuff in reserves??

Topic #2271 | Report this topic

undersized pf  
Years ago

spudavechia destroys rory! He's got more hussle, agressivness and he kills him on defence. Rory shoots to much, spud is team first. Also spud has explosive scoring power and runs the break like a demon.

Start honoring that man

Reply #25605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they are both great - west will have plenty of point guard power in the future. 46 points, that's a huge effort.

Reply #25610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leon karvelis hit 18 points in the first quarter for Woodville... at 100 FG %!!! awesome stat

Reply #25613 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

I reffed the game, have to give credit where it is due. 46 points is awesome, I went over and shook Rory's hand after the game.
Quarter by quarter breakdown

1/4 3 points
2/4 13 points
3/4

I wonder who the 3 votes went to.....

Reply #25618 | Report this post

mp  
Years ago

just to finsh the above

end of 3rd 16 points
end of 4th 14 points
total 46 points.

just an all round consistent game. He played great D as well.

Reply #25619 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

46 points in reserves, as a bottom age U20 who wasn't even a reserve for the U20 state team. That IS a phenominal effort! Well done Rory!

What was the score for the game?

Reply #25620 | Report this post

ab  
Years ago

yes, i think we all know that state teams at that age do not reflect playing ability - looks like he could have ABA potential.

Reply #25622 | Report this post

Jerry McGuire  
Years ago

one game doesnt make a player.

come back when he averages 30 a game over 20 games against decent opposition.

Reply #25637 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Are there any other players that are proving themselves in reserves across the competition?

Reply #25639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure u are quiet one.

Reply #25641 | Report this post

Easy Rider  
Years ago

My understanding, Hoop Addict, that Rory was not available for the first Under 20 State trails as he stayed overseas with Joe Ingles after the SASI tour and then did not train that well when he did come out for the 20's state team. Could be shades of the Under 18 state team a couple of years ago when Brad Newley could not get a spot ahead of Kenny Tyrell

Reply #25643 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Anonymous- i have never played reserves nor will i ever! The day I play reserves, i'll let you know!
In the mean time- i was just curious as to who is making themselves known in the comp apart from rory craddock.

Reply #25645 | Report this post

above the rim  
Years ago

Guys from u 20's who have been doing well in reserves -.... Croddock, Dan Lalic, Chris Clausen, tall guy from norwood... i think his last name is choffi, Zacharjak, the little fella from centrals.. elliot i think. Well there are some off the top of my head.

Reply #25653 | Report this post

mathias jade  
Years ago

I agree with jerry mcguire, wait until they start averaging it. Theres so many u20 players who have potential not just the 'big' names that everybody know because of sasi or state.

Reply #25679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wats up jerry maguire?? u want rory to average 46 before hes worthy? hes been consistant throughout all juniors.. and now hes startin to play ABL and reserves and has a 40+ game and a couple of 20+ games under his belt for reserves... sounds alright to me

Reply #25688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree, what else does a 17/18/19 year old have to do to prove that he is worthy before people start taking notice. Great work rory!!

Reply #25690 | Report this post

west fan  
Years ago

damn, there sure is a lot of player hating going on. I wanted news on any other players doing there thing in reserves - not a discussion on how much craddock still needs to prove himself. If you're just gonna post negativity - don't post at all, especially you 'undersized pf'!

Reply #25712 | Report this post

west fan  
Years ago

or should i say 'undersized mf'

Reply #25713 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Easy Rider - Yeah, I've heard that neither Rory, nor Joe were in particularly good nick when they arrived back from the UK. My point wasn't so much that Rory deserved to make the team, more that there are a lot of young guys going around that are capable of playing at seniors level.

Zane Reeves is another example with his (well documented) good early form in ABL.

There are others going around who are performing reasonably well at senior level as well, as above the rim has mentioned above.

1 other side note - good luck to Peter Hoban who is leaving Adelaide (or has left, I think?) to play with Brenton Campbell in Cairns, with the Marlins. Here's hoping both of them have great seasons.

Reply #25771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are the marlins?? ABA side?? why did they go??

Reply #25794 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Cairns Marlins

Reply #25797 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

sorry i thought the forum was meant for expressing personal oppinon, what are we meant to agree with what every random says.

p.s - Spud rips up rory

Reply #25950 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

undersized pf just because your spuds height doesnt mean he rips it up.

Reply #25951 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah ok fine 46 points.but did he make his team mates better?assists?boards?did he play D.points isnt everything in bball.

Reply #25953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes it has already been established he played very well all round, played great D etc!

Reply #25954 | Report this post

undersized pf  
Years ago

cheezeburger just becuase your a short center doesnt mean you have to take it out on others. Spud rips it up coz he has incredible skill and tenasity

Reply #25955 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im not short undersized pg,sg,sf,pf,c.for the record im the same height as zane reeves.so undersised pf that comment goes no where.get off the blackriars bandwagon undersized pf.schools over.

Reply #25957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

46 points is great. Just leave it at that. Nothing wrong with a player being pure offense if that means 46 points in a game. A lot of teams have players that are defensive liabilities but balance that in other areas.

Reply #25958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was a strange game for rory, instead of his usual 46 turnovers he got 46 points.

Reply #25965 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Some people can't win. The kid hits 46 in a game. I do not recall him saying it will happen every game, but I am sure he will give his best. That's all you can ask for. Sure, West don't have the 'big money men', so they train their own- makes sense to me.To have Rory & Spud & Zak coming through is great. Keep it up boys

Reply #26092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is wrong with some people out there?
we have great young talent coming up through the ranks and you just want to knock them down any chance you get instead of being excited for them and future basketball in this state.
jealous or what??
good on you rory,anthony,dan, the mencel duo of joe and leah, cayla, mia,niki, lauren...and the list goes on. Keep up the excellent work!!

Reply #26094 | Report this post

gatesy  
Years ago

zane reeves is the next big thing in aba he is killing everyone and anyone

Reply #34051 | Report this post

gatesy  
Years ago

i give zane reeves from woodville 1 year and he'"ll be picked up by a nbl team

Reply #34052 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754